Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Business And Entrepreneurship
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 52872
The application for Halcyon Incubator Fellowship is now open. The Halcyon Incubator is dedicated to finding solutions for problems facing the country and the world in the twenty-first century. The Incubator serves as a catalyst for quantifiable social outcomes by assisting social entrepreneur fellows in turning bold ideas into viable businesses.
A diverse group of fellows receives a living stipend, free housing and workspace, mentoring and leadership coaching, strong support from business consultants, and other benefits as part of the Halcyon Residential Fellowship to help them realize their entrepreneurial goals.
- Application deadline: September 30, 2022.
- Organizer: Halcyon
- Location: Washington, USA
- Residency Duration: 14 weeks (February 20, 2023-May 26, 2023)
- Target applicants: Social Entrepreneurs and Venture Owners
The well-honed methodology of Halcyon fosters creativity by creating an environment of freedom, access, collaboration, and support. It provides prospective impact leaders with the physical and mental space to take risks and use their creativity. Halcyon empowers visionaries regardless of their means or circumstances by removing barriers and providing resources, disrupting the status quo around who has access to entrepreneurship opportunities.
- Residency: Fellows spend their entire 14-week stay at Halcyon’s headquarters in Washington, DC, where they work and live. They take part in the main programming, which includes things like family breakfasts, pitch meetings, skill-building classes, and advisor office hours. The result of the effort and commitment put forth during this phase is a final showcase before a select group of collaborators, mentors, advisors, supporters, and potential investors.
- Post Residency: Halcyon continues to provide free workspace for fellows.
The following are included in the Halcyon Residential Fellowship program:
- During the 14-week residency period, Halcyon (Washington, D.C.) will provide rent-free housing.
- A lifelong network of social enterprise fellows
- Free leadership coaching
- 1 year free legal assistance
- Pro bono Deloitte consulting
- $10,000 equity-free stipend for individual mentors
- Sessions for skill development
- Sessions of peer learning
- Access to a world-class advisor network
- Investing Possibilities
You must meet the following requirements to be considered for this fellowship:
- Your venture can be from anywhere in the world, and it can be focused on any business sector, as long as it is an early-stage impact-driven venture (i.e. prioritizes social and/or environmental good in addition to business success).
- Must be the CEO and/or have primary decision-making power in the venture’s growth and strategic vision for development and management.
- Must be able to commit to working on the venture full-time during the residency phase (February 20, 2023-May 26, 2023)
- Any undergraduate or graduate course work must be postponed during the residency phase (February 20, 2023-May 26, 2023).
To qualify for the Halcyon Incubator, your venture must be:
- The applicant’s idea must be original (s)
- Must be at the proof of concept stage (if your venture generates $500,000 USD in annual recurring revenue, you are too far along to benefit from Halcyon’s fellowships).
- It must be an independent or autonomous venture that is not controlled by an existing organization.
- Must have plans for a long-term business model that generates revenue through the sale of a core product or service.
- It must be a for-profit or hybrid venture with the primary goal of bringing about measurable social and/or environmental change.
- It may not be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Halcyon Incubator will judge your applications on the basis of the following criteria:
How to apply?
If you meet the requirements of the fellowship, you can apply online.
To learn more about Halcyon Incubator Residency Fellowship, please visit Halcyon’s website.
For more queries, please contact Kaitlin Capobianco, Halcyon’s Fellow Community and Recruitment Manager at [email protected].
You may also like these opportunities:
- Leadership in 21st Century free online course
- Yenching Academy of Peking University 2023 International Scholarships in China
- Reach Oxford Scholarship at Oxford University for Bachelor’s Degree
- University of Leeds Free Online Course on ‘Research Ethics’
- British Council Free Online Course on ‘English for the Workplace’
- USIP Peace Scholar Fellowship Program for Doctoral Students ($20,000 Award)