Opportunity ID 149131
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 4 months
Language of Instruction English
About the organization and job
The Youth division of the sustainable development solutions network had launched the SDG Student Program and calls on inspirational and talented youth worldwide to join it in multiple roles it offers. Currently, it is accepting applications for its short-term special project officer role.
Details of the job
Post Title: Project Officer for Special Projects
Organizer: UN SDSN Youth, SDG Students Program
Location: Worldwide, Remote
Type of job: Voluntary
Duration: May 20th, 2021 – August 20th, 2021
Time commitment: 8-14 hours per week (minimum)
Duration: 4 months in total, with two weeks probation period in the beginning. Subject to performance review, it is extendable.
Travel required: Yes
The Project Officer for Special Project contributes to the network’s ability to support a global network of students.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ideation and Program Development (research, meetings, literature reviews, student interviews)
- Performing literature reviews and other research on current university-level educational resources or K-12 programs for sustainability
- Evaluating the needs and knowledge gaps of its students from various Hubs
- Carrying out surveys, student focus groups, or interviews
- Conceptualizing modular model defining what is included in a baseline sustainability literacy
- Reviewing existing SDSN Youth resources for education, assessing results and impact using pre-compiled data, and incorporate findings into a proposed plan
- Building a strategy to ensure accessibility and utility to all students, including a mechanism to include local or cultural perspectives considering the diversity of students
- Engaging with other members of the SDSN Youth/SDSN Community and external university-level sustainability education programs to identify best practices or acquire professional insights
- Crafting a visual or thematic outline across all produced content.
- Adapting shared resources from SDSN Youth and UN SDSN Programs
- Assisting with other SDSN Youth programs, such as the Global Schools team, to co-create content
- Performing feedback review with the SDG Coordinators to assess and adjust course on this project
- Presenting this project to the students of the 2021-2022 Hub Network by August 2021, and ensure a long term integration into the student communities
This position will report to the Deputy Project Lead of Programming keeping in mind that reporting and communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is crucial in a virtual network.
All Project Officers have to undertake all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
The Special Projects Project Officer is someone who:
- Flourishes in supporting the personal and professional development of those they work with
- Is a brilliant communicator
- Is patient, compassionate, and enjoys outstanding written and organizational skills, driven and able to work independently
- Is keen on enabling and assisting others to create a direct impact
- Can represent a broader team by convening young leaders in the SDG space
- Shines in both high-level and detailed planning
- Has problem-solving skill, is creative, and works well with people
- Knowledge of the SDG Framework & understanding of individual SDG targets and indicators
- Be a strong team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and be able to coordinate and manage workload across many projects/teams
- Has the ability to work distantly and maintain communication with a global team
- Has an enthusiasm in sustainable development, be keen for the mission of the SDSN, including the path to the SDGs and the Paris Agreement on climate change
- Possess some experience working with different communications and management software, such as Google Suite, Excel, Dropbox, WhatsApp, Facebook, etc, and be able to adapt to new tools, including Trello, Podio, Squarespace, Breezy, Northpass, Bamboo, Mighty Networks, etc.
- Have an exceptional competency in the English language, including writing, speaking, and listening.
- Enjoy some professional or volunteer work experience in a team
- Must be responsive and able to manage consistent communication with the team – including after-hours conference calls, as the network operates over 10 different time zones
- Either be a first- or second year of an undergraduate degree (exceptions may apply), and/or, have a background in teaching and training (the latter will be of preference)
- Experience in educational curriculum or content creation
- Interest in university-level educational content creation
- Any teaching or training experience is a major benefit
- An experience in video-editing, media production, or event planning and -execution
- Language skills (particularly French, Spanish, or Turkish) are an advantage.
- Demonstrate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role.
How to apply?
Candidates may apply online below.
For further information on the post and activities of SDSN Youth, please click on the Official Link.
You may also like to apply:
- “Campaign Project Officer” Volunteer Job by UN SDSN Youth Worldwide
- [Project Officer (Special Projects)] Volunteer Position by SDSN Youth Network Worldwide
- ‘Educational Programming Project Officer’ Volunteer Job by UN SDSN Youth Network
- Lead Research Project Officer Volunteer Job by UN SDSN Youth Worldwide