Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 12 Months
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 148820
About the organization and job
The Youth division of the sustainable development solutions network had launched the SDG Student Program and calls on inspirational and talented youth worldwide to join it in multiple roles it offers.
Details of the job
Position Title: Project Officer in Global Partnerships Team
Organizing body: UN SDSN Youth, Global Partnerships Team
Location: Worldwide, Remote
Type of job: Voluntary
Time commitment: 8 hours/ week
Duration: the first round lasts for 12 months in total, with two months probationary period in the beginning. It is extendable on a 12-month basis subject to performance review.
The position ensures to both foster existing partnerships and determines new opportunities (mainly a diverse group of partners that SDSN works with, spreading across all sectors).
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintaining continuing relationships with current partners and propose new ways to grow the existing partnership.
- Assisting with the Partnerships Team and other SDSN Youth Teams to make it conform its internal goals it new and current partner relationships.
- Generating a systematic, process-driven method to partner outreach and relationship management.
- Researching partners, identifying key players, and creating interest for potential avenues of collaboration.
- As required, supporting the Global Partnerships Project Lead in their partnership exchanges and constantly acquire knowledge about its strategic partners.
- Answering potential partnership inquiries and weighing which ones would be most helpful to unearth and go ahead with.
- Attending events (virtually) to network and engage with potential partners and different stakeholders.
This position will report to the Project Lead of the Global Partnerships Team keeping in mind that reporting and communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is crucial in a virtual network.
All Project Officers have to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
The Project Officer in the Global Partnerships Team is someone who:
- A problem-solver who is able to consider the end objective over short-term benefits.
- Has tremendous organization skills with robust attention to detail.
- Is a wonderful communicator with strategic networking talent; sound, established judgment, and integrity.
- Critical thinker with the ability to realize, motivate and negotiate
- Has outstanding time management skills and the ability to multitask.
- Possesses experience in partnerships, sponsorship, or any other stakeholder management-related activities.
- Has some professional or volunteer work experience in a team
- Must be responsive and able to manage consistent communication with the team.
- The age limit acceptable for this role is 18-30 (exceptions may be available).
The candidate has:
- Interest in sustainable development, and is passionate about the work of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the SDGs and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- A great command of the English language in writing, speaking, and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to take on this role.
How to apply?
Eligible candidates may apply online at the link below.
For further information on the post and activities of SDSN Youth, please visit the Official Link.