Opportunity ID 149366
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 12 months
Language of Instruction English
The United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network is recruiting someone as a volunteer who would take on the role of Project Officer for its Campaign activities in the Global Communications Team.
Details of the job
Post Title: Project Lead for Solutions Program
Organizer: UN SDSN Youth
Time commitment: 8 hours in a week
Duration: 12 months on aggregate, with a two-month trial period in the beginning. It is extendable on a 12-month basis as per the results of the performance review.
The Project Lead for the Solutions Program will be someone who enjoys experience in managing teams and a passion for accelerating sustainable development. They will be someone with a strategic mindset, is driven and can work independently.
Duties and responsibilities
The incumbent will:
- drive the strategy and enrich the program,
- deal with strategic partnerships, and
- Strategically assess new market opportunities, and formulate the roadmap to execute.
- Managing core operations for the Solutions team, including yearly planning, team management, and governance responsibilities.
- Supporting, and working closely with team members to develop the initiatives
- Working closely with the Global teams on cross-project efforts
- Interface with partners
- Support the sourcing, structuring and negotiation of partnerships through Project Officers
- Run program strategy, with a focus on growth and partnerships
- Explore new strategic opportunities
The position holder will report to the Global Coordinator bearing in mind that reporting and communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is highly important in a virtual network.
All Deputy Project Leads have to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
The candidate is someone who has:
- Volunteer or work experience in managing teams.
- Experience in stakeholder management.
- Experience in coordinating and growing a program/project/product.
- An interest in the entrepreneurship/startup space.
- exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Has the responsiveness and ability to manage regular communication with the team – including after-hours conference calls, as the network spans 10 different time zones.
- Met the age limit: 18-30 years old in order to qualify for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Experience in a product management/growth hacking role, or entrepreneurship-related role.
- A strong interest in sustainable development, and is passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the SDGs and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Excellent competency in the English language, including in writing, speaking and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to take on this role.
How to apply?
Interested candidates may apply online at the link below.
Please go to the website of UN SDSN For more details about the job and activities of SDSN Youth.