Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Duration 12 Months
Language of Instruction English
The United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network is recruiting someone as a volunteer who would take on the role of Project Officer for its Campaign activities in the Global Communications Team.
Details of the job
Position Title: Project Officer in Campaign with Global Communications Team
Organizing body: UN SDSN Youth
Type of work: Voluntary
Time commitment: 8 hours/week
Duration: 12 months in total, with a two-month trial period at the start. It is extendable on a 12-month basis subject to performance review.
About the Global Communications Team
The Communications Team aims to feature and celebrate the impact of SDSN Youth and introduces and/or connects educational resources/opportunities to its online followers.
With more than 30 teams in the network, the incumbent will have to deal with many launches, campaigns, and initiatives happening simultaneously. So, it is in search of someone to spearhead the coordination & design of its global campaigns.
Duties and responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the Deputy Project Lead (Campaigns) and other Project Officers in the Communications Team, implement campaign activations
- Developing campaign creatives and ideas with the Deputy Project Lead (Campaigns).
- Creating appealing digital content for different campaign activities, ranging from social media messages, blog articles, graphics, and short videos.
The position holder will report to the Project Lead or the Deputy Project of the Global Communications Team. Therefore, reporting and communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is crucial in a virtual network.
All Deputy Project Leads have to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
The position holder is someone who:
- Possesses brilliant organization skills and an eye for detail.
- Is a creative, robust communicator with an understanding of what defines an engaging campaign.
- Enjoys taking a lead in and being part of innovative processes.
- Likes following the newest trends and wants to work on the frontline of global issues in sustainable development.
- Is completing/ has a degree/certification/pertinent experience in Communications/ Marketing/ Creative Media etc.
- Possesses experience in social media copywriting, video editing, graphic design, and website management.
- Enjoys knowledge and experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Has experience in digital communications.
- Enjoys some professional or volunteer teamwork experience.
- Has some knowledge of working with various digital and social media platforms.
- Is a strong team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Is responsive and able to manage regular communication with the team – including after-hours conference calls, as the network works across 10 different time zones.
- Is between 18-30 years old in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Knowledge of adobe creative suite.
- An interest in sustainable development, and is passionate about the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is able to demonstrate that they have the time and resources to take on this role.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply online using the link below.
For more details about the post and activities of SDSN Youth, please visit the website of UN SDSN.