Opportunity ID 5232
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Leadership
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 1 Year
Language of Instruction English
The Obama Foundation accepts applications from International students for the 2024/25 Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University.
The Obama Foundation offers a vigorous leadership development curriculum, networking activities, training, and customized support during the academic year to help the Scholars. This program allows Obama Scholars to gain real-world skills, experiences, and tools to expand the impact of their work upon returning to their home country.
The program is based at Columbia World Projects, an initiative that mobilizes the university’s researchers and scholars to work with governments, organizations, businesses, and communities to create tangible solutions to real-world issues. The program also takes advantage of the unique opportunities for engagement that come with being at one of the world’s most important centers of research and residing in New York City.
After completing the program, Scholars will return to work on the global issue of focus and implement their action plan to accelerate positive change in their community. Scholars will be able to work toward Obama Foundation’s efforts to empower, inspire, and connect rising leaders worldwide.
No nationality restrictions exist for the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University. The scholars’ efforts focus will be on the Columbia World Projects.
Application Deadline: 12 December 2023 (5 p.m. ET.)
Host Organization: Columbia University
Funding Organization: Obama Foundation
Degree Level: None
Program Location: United States
Program Duration: One Year
Eligible Nationalities: All
Funding Type: Fully-funded
- A Weekly Seminar
- Personal and Professional Development Workshops
- An Experiential Learning component
- Audited Coursework
- A Thought Leadership Speaker Series
- Partnership opportunity with a Columbia faculty adviser
Applicants who apply for Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University will benefit as follows:
- Monthly Stipend to help with living expenses in New York City;
- An equipped studio apartment near Columbia University;
- Up to four courses tuition and fees at Columbia University;
- Essential health, dental and life insurance for program duration in New York City;
- Airfare to and from home country and any program-related activities.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants can be from any nationality;
- Be an emerging young leader to put a positive impact in their communities;
- Be from the United States or abroad and committed to service and leadership in a region, community, or country;
- Applicants must commit to returning to their community after completing the program;
- Be an emerging leader who has made an essential contribution to their profession and career and be at the “tipping point” of their careers;
- Be fluent in verbal, written, and spoken English and provide proof of a TOEFL PBT 600, TOEFL iBT 100, IELTS 7, PTE Academic 68, or Duolingo 120 score (75 on the exam taken before July 2019). OR have finished a bachelor’s degree in an English-speaking country;
- Ability and desire to make a big difference in their community;
- Have a demonstrated commitment to diversity, community, optimism, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity, and resilience.
All applicants must prepare and submit the following required documents:
- Application Form
- Applicant’s CV, including employment and academic history and other significant activities․
- Personal video statement (max. 3 mins)
- Short essay questions answers
- English language test score report
- Two recommendation letters from individuals familiar with the candidate’s academic, professional, or community service experiences.
How to Apply?
Qualified applicants must submit an online application form through the Obama Foundation Scholars program portal. A selection committee will review the applications.
Check More Opportunities: