Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot Required
Fields of study Public Policy And Human Development
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 103700
Applications for the Master of Science in Public Policy and Human Development Program 2022-23 are now open. This program is a double-degree program of Maastricht University and United Nations University’s institute UNU-MERIT. The starting point of the MPP program is to motivate students to acquire an understanding of the basic idea of good governance. The program specifically focuses on the question of how can policy stakeholders deal with public policy in the most effective and efficient way. So, if you want to develop your knowledge and skills in the public policy area, this is a golden opportunity to grab.
- 15 June 2022, 23:59 CET (for Non-EU students)
- 15 July 2022: For EU nationals
Host University: Maastricht Graduate School of Governance, Maastricht University (UM)
Partner University: United Nations University
Degree level: MASTER
Start of the program: September- October 2022
Duration: One year
By studying the MPP program, you will gain:
- training in small international groups
- skills workshops, presentations, debates
- personal guidance
- a challenging but rewarding program.
- A variety of skills, tools, and knowledge that help you to work as a policy designer or policy analyst.
- You will be capable of working within public and private institutions at local, national, and international levels.
- Applicants to the Master’s program are eligible for the NN Future Matters Scholarship. All questions related to scholarships can be addressed to its scholarship office at [email protected]
- Read about the financial aid and scholarships offered by UM to international students. If you meet their criteria, you can secure a scholarship to fund your study; otherwise, you should cover them.
The MPP program concentrates on public policy analysis and governance in general and includes the following specializations:
- Social Protection Policy(in cooperation with ILO)
- Foreign Policy & Development
- Migration Studies
- Risk & Vulnerability(in cooperation with UNU-EHS)
- Regional Integration & Multi-Level Governance
- Governance of Innovation(in cooperation with UNU-MERIT)
- Social Entrepreneurship & Public Policy(in cooperation with UNU-MERIT)
- Applicants from all nationalities are eligible to apply.
- Candidates should have previously completed a bachelor’s degree.
- The program is offered to various groups of students, ranging from bachelor’s students to mid-career professionals.
- The university looks for students with a strong academic background, a demonstrated commitment to public (international) affairs, and/or outstanding potential for career growth and leadership.
- Students must meet other requirements of the program and be able to get a visa and residence permit before the program starts.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online for this program. Before you apply, you have to register on studielink and after your registration is completed, you can complete the application.
- a recent copy of your CV
- a copy of your passport
- a passport-size picture
- proof of English language proficiency (the medium of instruction is English and applicants need to fulfill certain requirement to be able to undertake courses in English)
- two letters of recommendation, from current or former professors and/or employers
- copies of lists of grades (If not English translated in English by an official translation agency)
- A copy of your certified diploma if you have received it. If you have not graduated yet, you can upload your official grades transcript from your bachelor’s program.
- a motivation letter that explains why you are suitable for this program and which convinces the Board of Admissions that you will complete the program successfully
- an essay (400 words in Word/PDF with searchable text)
Note: you should upload the documents on MyUM portal and send them to the university’s postal address as well in the later stage of the application.
Documents sending address
Admission and Registration Office
Student Services Centre
PO Box 616
6200 MD Maastricht
Please refer to the official link of the scholarship for more information.
Visit the website of Scholarship for Afghanistan for a countless number of Scholarships