Opportunity ID 14195
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Green Hydrogen
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 Year
Language of Instruction English
Merck Group Research Grant application is open to international researchers in the field of Green Hydrogen in Germany. The program is available to scientists affiliated with any research-based institution, university, or company. Candidates in all career stages can apply for this opportunity.
The candidates’ proposals must include a proof of concept (Technology Readiness Level 3) in the areas below. Furthermore, the candidates should describe the innovativeness of the proposal and its impact on the future implementation of green hydrogen supply to pharmaceutical and the chemical industry.
Grant Theme and Focus Area
As a science-driven organization, Merck runs its business in healthcare, life science, and electronics. Their main area of operation is science and technology, and by driving innovations, Merck contributes to a sustainable future. In this endeavor, Merck Group seeks research proposals in green hydrogen.
The group currently has grown progress in areas such as:
- Green hydrogen production, likeinnovative electrolysis technologies
- System and industrial integration of hydrogen technologies, such as storage, distribution, and application areas
- Fuel cell development
Application Deadline: 31 August 2023 (23:59 central European summer time)
Deep Dive Workshop Date: November 2023
Duration of the Grant: 1 year extendable for up to 3 years
Research Location: Darmstadt, Germany
Funding Organization: Merck Group
Merck Group Research Grant Amount
Merck Group offers one grant of up to € 200,000 for one year with potential further collaboration.
Also, check these opportunities:
Who Can Apply for the Merck Group Research Grant?
Submission is open to candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Scientists from all over the globe can apply
- Researchers in all career stages affiliated with any institution, university, or company research.
What is a Deep-Dive Workshop?
- During the deep-dive workshops, top submitters who have received invitations will broadly improve their research proposals with Merck scientists under confidentiality. For this purpose, participants should sign an agreement. At the end of the workshop, participants will deliver their optimized research proposals, and Merck will select the winning applicants for the third stage of the program.
- After the in-depth dive workshop completion, applicants with bilateral collaboration agreements will receive the grant and can start their project.
How to Apply?
In the first stage of the application process, candidates submit their application containing non-confidential information only. Applicants can apply for more than one grant or category. Successful candidates will receive an invitation to submit a full proposal under confidentiality by attending a deep-dive workshop. The selection committee will inform all applicants about the decision on the applications.
The second stage of the grant process is the deep-dive workshop, a collaborative step. After submitting their full applications, finalists will work with Merck managers and scientists to optimize submitted project proposals. All teams reaching this stage will receive a notification in October. These workshops will take place in November 2023. The conclusion of the workshops will be the selection of the research grant winners.
The third stage is the Research Grant funding phase. Merck will enter into a bilateral partnership agreement with the winners to start pay-out and project implementation. This unique opportunity helps researchers interested in working with Merck ‘s scientists and receive guidance from the industry. During the funding period, winners will have regular meetings with Merck scientists.
Please visit the Merck Group official website for detailed information on the Merck Group Research Grant.
Check More Grants: