Fields of study Water And Sustainable Development
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
The MSc Program in Water and Sustainable Development applications are open to students interested in pursuing a science-based MSc degree that is grounded in and prepares them for professional practice.
The Research MSc Program in Water and Sustainable Development is a more personalized curriculum with taught and self-directed study components. It necessitates an internal research motivation and will equip and prepare students for a career in research, academia, or Ph.D. studies.
If you want financial assistance, you should submit your application as soon as possible. Pick a track or profile first, then gather the necessary papers. Your theme method and shape choices should be included in the application, which will be reviewed, and there are several scholarships available for this chance, which you can see below.
- Organized by: UNESCO
- Host University: IHE Delft Institute for Water Education
- Location: Netherlands
- Deadline: 1 July 2023
- Eligible nations: International
Benefits and Scholarships
- MSc graduates are given a diploma and a diploma supplement that summarizes the program and offers an overview of their results.
- The new MSc in Water and Sustainable Development (Research) at IHE Delft Institute for Water Education will prepare you for a career in research, academia, or furthering your education with a Ph.D.
- Partial Scholarships for IHE Delft (For self-paying students):
- Offers self-paying, academically approved candidates who lack the resources to meet their study fees a 25% tuition price discount.
- Applications are processed continuously on a “first come, first served” basis. Candidates for this scholarship must attest and demonstrate that they have the financial resources necessary to pay the remaining tuition and living costs. After confirmation of this, they are sent an invoice for the discounted tuition rate as well as the price of the residence permit and insurance.
- Water Leader Scholarship:
- Self-paying, academically approved students with exceptional (academic) backgrounds who do not have the financial resources to meet their study costs are eligible for a 40% tuition price reduction.
- Ongoing applications are processed on a “first come, first served” basis. Candidates for this scholarship must confirm and demonstrate that they have the funds to cover the remaining fees and living expenses. If this is confirmed, they will be sent an invoice for the reduced tuition charge, as well as insurance and residency permit fees.
- Early Bird discount for self-paying students:
- Self-paying candidates who pay before May 1, 2023 will receive a 10% tuition cost reduction.
- Rotary Scholarship for Water and Sanitation Professionals: Rotarians interview and choose from among local applicants who have already been admitted to the standard (68EC) MSc in Water and Sustainable Development at IHE Delft, in one of the theme tracks listed below:
- Water Resources and Ecosystems Health
- Water Hazards, Risks and Climate
- Water and Health
- When a candidate is found to be qualified, the sponsoring Rotary Club submits (together with the candidate) a completely filled application form to the joint Rotary/IHE Delft selection committee.
Note: The deadline for Rotary Scholarship is 10 April 2023.
- OPEC Fund Scholarship Award:
- The OPEC Fund Scholarship Grant supports excellent young students from underdeveloped nations pursuing graduate studies in a field connected to development.
- The OPEC Fund grants scholarships to qualified students who have completed or are about to complete their undergraduate degree and intend to pursue a Master’s degree.
- Candidates must be from a developing nation and must first be admitted to any recognized university/college in the globe to pursue Master’s degree studies in a relevant subject of development.
Also Check these opportunities:
- Young Professional Development Program (YPDP) by OPEC Fund in Austria, 2023
- Rotary Yoneyama Foundation Scholarships in Japan
- Professional Development Rotary Peace Fellowship 2024-25
- The tuition price for the MSc Program in Water and Sustainable Development at IHE Delft is €19,720 (1,2) for the complete (68EC) program.
- The cost covers the use of a laptop (3) for each MSc student as well as internet access in all rooms at IHE Delft’s rented Delft lodging. The handling charge, fieldtrip fees, the introduction program, and study materials are all included.
The cost of a residence permit and insurance is not included in the tuition price and is currently:
- Monthly health insurance costs €54.
- One-time charge of €210 for a residence permit
- Participants are responsible for their own living expenses. Monthly sustenance and lodging costs are expected to be around €1100.
- Participants accompanied by family members should have additional financial resources. In addition to the previously listed charges, extra costs must be addressed, such as ticket costs, entrance visa collecting fees.
General Eligibility Requirements for IHE Delft Partial Scholarships for Self-paying Students:
- Scholarships will be distributed on a rolling basis until the scholarship money is depleted (they expect to be able to award 30 partial scholarships in total for both the regular and research MSc Program in Water and Sustainable Development).
- For self-paying students, the 10% Early Bird discount can be paired with an IHE Delft Partial Scholarship. In these circumstances, the 10% discount applies to the already lowered tuition rate of the IHE scholarship given.
- If an applicant receives an IHE Delft scholarship or Early Bird discount and is later awarded another scholarship (e.g., OKP, Rotary), the already paid tuition cost will be refunded and the IHE scholarship will be revoked.
Applicants with documentation of the following may be admitted academically to the IHE Delft MSc in Water and Sustainable Development program:
- A Bachelor’s degree at level B/B+ (US system) or upper 2nd (British system) that a reputable university has granted in a relevant discipline. If an applicant falls short of this standard but has significant relevant experience and a genuine desire to participate in the program, an exception may be made.
- If English is not your native language, a strong command of it. The educational programs at IHE Delft include English language prerequisites that all non-native English speakers must meet.
- A compelling incentive to complete the program effectively.
- A plus would be many years of professional experience in a field connected to the program’s subject matter.
You must provide the following paperwork:
- Identity document copy.
- A copy of the English language test score results.
- Two recommendation letters.
- Diplomas and degrees in certified copies.
- Transcripts that have been verified.
How to Apply for Scholarships?
- To apply for the scholarships (Partial Scholarships for IHE Delft, Water Leader Scholarship) indicated above, go here and fill out the form; once completed, submit it to this email address: [email protected]
- To apply for Rotary Scholarship, indicated above, go here and fill out the form; once completed, submit it to this email address:
[email protected], together with the candidate’s resume and the IHE Delft admission letter, no later than 15th April 2023.
- To apply for the OPEC Fund Scholarship Grant, please be advised that the OPEC Fund is in the process of reorganizing its scholarship program and will not be accepting applications at this time. Revised data will be available later this year. Click here for more information.
How to Apply for Without Scholarships?
To apply, click the apply now button below.
For more details about IHE Delft MSc in Water and Sustainable Development, refer to IHE Delft’s official website.
One Young World Leading Scholarships to Attend OYW Summit 2023, UK
IASBS Scholarships for Afghan Master’s Degree Students, Iran
Refugee Education UK DSI Scholarships for Afghan Displaced Students in Pakistan
Slovakia Government International Scholarships for All Degrees