Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Science
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishPersian
Opportunity ID 6927
Scholarships and admission applications are now open at IASBS-Institute for Advanced Studies in Basic Sciences for international students. This is a two-year program in the basic sciences including chemistry, physics, mathematics, biosciences, information technology, and Geology in continuous Ph.D. and Master of Science. Applicants who wish to apply for a Master of Science degree and Ph.D. at IASBS, Zanjan, Iran, can apply for this opportunity.
- Application Deadline: 20 April 2023
- Program Starts: September 2024
- Location: Zanjan, Iran
- Scholarship Duration: Two years
- Language Required: Persian/English
- Level of Study: MSc. and Ph.D.
- Gender: Male and Female
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, India, Pakistan, and other Central Asian countries and African countries
IASBS Scholarships Benefits
IASBS offers two types of scholarships for MSc and Ph.D. students as follows:
A. Excellence Scholarship:
Direct masters and doctorate students from undergraduate degree:
- Monthly 15 million Rials to students admitted to direct masters and doctorate courses from an undergraduate degree with the highest mark in the entrance exam. The scholarship is available until the second year’s end and maintains a GPA above 17.
- About 150 million Rials for purchasing a laptop
- Up to 100 million Rials for participation in the international conference for the top first position holder
Note: Excellence Scholarship means students score less than 100 in mathematics, physics, chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, computer science, and engineering and less than 20 for geology and photonics.
Students of the continuous doctoral course from the entrance exam:
- Fifteen million Rials per month to the accepted students of the continuous doctoral course from the entrance exam with less than 300 scores. The scholarship is available until the second year’s end and maintains a GPA above 17.
- About 150 million Rials subsidy to students admitted to the continuous doctoral course with a score less than 1000 to purchase a laptop and up to 100 million Rials for participating in an international conference.
- After entering the research course, direct and continuous Ph.D. students will receive a Research Assistantship (RA) instead of an academic award.
B. Current Students Excellence Awards:
Direct Master and Doctoral Students:
- This award is for a maximum of 10% of the total number of new master’s and doctoral students of each faculty. If the entrance of a faculty is less than ten people, the quota of the faculty will be one person.
- The University will select the top students at the end of their first academic year and until the end of their second year. The students will receive a monthly amount equal to a doctoral student’s Research Assistantship (RA).
- Students must have completed at least 24 academic credits by the end of their first year with a minimum GPA of 17.
- If the quota of a faculty is more than one person, the University will select the best students based on the GPA from top students of different fields.
- If each faculty quota is less than the above paragraph, the University will select the following students with the same GPA order and with GPA above 17. Please note that the payment will be subject to the supervisor’s approval at each turn.
- If direct doctoral students are selected list, their award will continue until the end of the second year.
Continues Ph.D. Students from Diploma
- The top two candidates of each continuous doctoral entry from diploma with the highest overall average in each academic year (minimum average above 17) will be eligible to receive an academic award in the following academic year.
- The University will select the top students at the end of their first to fourth academic years, and the students receive an amount equal to the Research Assistantship (RA) of doctoral students during the next academic year.
- The minimum number of elective credits per academic year is 51 credits in the preparatory course and 36 credits in the advanced course.
- Students who have withdrawn from the continuous doctoral program and are studying as undergraduate or master’s degrees will not be eligible to receive the award.
Note: Please review the detailed information about the scholarship in the original language (Persian) here.
DAAD Scholarship for SEPT MBA in Leipzig University of Germany
Jane M. Klasuman Women in Business Scholarship by Zonta International, USA
Goethe Talents Scholarships for Musicians in Germany
Eira Francis Davies Scholarship-UK for the Female Students from Developing Countries
Eligibility Criteria for the IASBS Scholarships
All applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Hold the nationality of Afghanistan, Iraq, Syria, India, Pakistan, and other Central Asian and African countries.
- Apply to chemistry, physics, mathematics, biosciences, information technology, and geology.
- Meet any additional requirements.
All applicants should provide the following documents for the Scholarships:
- A BSc degree (applying for a master’s degree),
- Completed application form,
- Two recommendation letters from individuals who can verify the applicant’s academic achievements; the recommender should send the letters directly to [email protected],
- Copy of official transcripts translated into English,
- Applicant’s passport copy,
- A passport-size photograph.
How to Apply for the IASBS Scholarships?
Please fill in the Application Form below to apply for the IASBS Scholarships. All applicants should submit their application package to the Ministry of Science, Research and Technology for Scholarship in PDF format by email. The University will invite selected applicants for Skype interviews.
Submission Email: [email protected]
Application Form (English)
Application Form (Persian)
Please visit the official website of IASBS for further information and details about the Scholarship program.