No. of Opportunity 3
Fields of study Techonlogy
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 209765
Hindustan Computers Limited – HCLTech Code4YOUth Hackathon Competition entry is now open to international entrants. The Code4YOUth Hackathon shapes ideas as a team with other enthusiasts worldwide. Participants will benefit from tailored training and mentoring by senior leaders. Furthermore, they will positively impact the critical field of digital inclusion. Finally, the winners will receive a monetary prize of 25’000 USD, an opportunity to top industry leaders, and attend the annual technology conference VivaTech!
The Code4YOUth Hackathon aims to spark confidence and creativity amongst youth in a digital-first culture. This virtual compeition is mutaul effort by HCLTech, Microsoft, Nestle, All4Youth, Pulblicis Group, and White and Case. HCLTech will provide a safe and favorable space to brainstorm and try out new ideas.
Registration Status: Open
Project Submission Deadline: 25 April 2023
Judging Start Date: 25 April 2023
Judging End Date: 22 May 2023
Webinars: To be announced soon
Winners Announcement: 30 May 2023
Organizer:Hindustan Computers Limited – HCLTech
Benefits of the Code4YOUth Hackathon Competition
Entrants will benefit from the total cash prize of 25,000 USD, and three winning teams will receive the prizes as follows:
- First Place or Best Project: 10,000 USD
- Second Runner-Up: 4,000 USD
- First Runner-Up: 6,000 USD
- Four Challenge Track Winners: 1,000 USD X 4
- A total of 1,000 USD towards a “best use of technology” prize or similar prize
- Digital collaboration with others worldwide to solve unique challenges related to digital inclusion.
- Mentorship opportunities from HCLTech, Microsoft, Nestle, Global Alliance for Youth, Publicis Group, and more to build the best possible project
- Certificate upon submitting a completed project
Program Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
The following groups of people are welcome to apply for the Code4YOUth Hackathon Competition:
- Entrants can be nationals of any country
- Enterprise Developers
- Data Scientists
- Cloud Developers
- Anyone passionate about digital inclusion
The Judging and Advisory Panel will evaluate the submitted projects against the following submission criteria. As a reminder, entrants will not be able to edit their projects after submission:
- Impact: Judges will evaluate how helpful or valuable the solution would impact users, customers, communities, and businesses. Also, they will judge the solution’s scalability over time to have further reach.
- Technical Execution: How have the teams utilized the available technologies effectively, and how advanced are the solutions? Is the project demo-ready?
- Innovation: Is the project new and distributive? Is the project a unique solution to the challenges? Is it already available in the market?
- Challenge Fit: Revelancy of the challenge and solution. Has the solution solved every area of the selected challenge or a specific area?
The Challenge Tracks of the Code4YOUth Hackathon Competition
The HCLTech Code4YOUth Hackathon Competition challenge tracks are as follows:
Challenge 1: Digital Inclusivity
Everyone should have access to the internet for e-learning, general networking, and skills development for their career and personal life advancement. Entrants should submit solutions, including mobile, web applications, AI algorithms and bots, IoT devices, games, or community platforms.
Challenge 2: Skilling for Success
The Skilling for Success track focuses on narrowing the gap to make digital learning available for anyone. Also, the project should focus on specific topics for digital learning that will be crucial.
Challenge 3: Mental Health
In this category, the organizers ask participants to focus on solutions to improve the users’ mental health and offer them clear next steps.
Challenge 4: Accessibility
The accessibility track’s primary focus is on the design of products, vehicles, services, and environments for Persons With Disabilities (PWDs). Participants should focus on improving accessibility for PWDs for daily activities, including traveling to a school, interacting with a website, using digital tools, etcetera.
Note: Please find the examples for the last three challenge tracks on the main page.
How to Apply for the Code4YOUth Hackathon Competition?
The registeration procedure is entirely online. Candidates can start registering by entering the link below and follow these steps as instructions:
Step 1: Signup
In the first steps, entrants should register and start working with mentors as soon as they sign up. Enter the link below to start registrations. Choose from one of the four tracks mentioned above. Please note that each submitter can only submit one project to one of the four challenge tracks.
Step 2: Virtual Hackathon
Hacking already started on 21 March and ended on 25 April 2023. Starting on 7 February, participants can start forming teams, working on their projects, and connecting with mentors to publish their solutions by the above-mentioned deadline.
Step 3: Virtual Finale
The virtual ending session will occur on 30 May 2023. The final selected teams by the judges will present their solutions for the last time before the announcement of the winners.
All participants should prepare the submission materials and create a project page after their team registration. Everybody should be sure to include the following:
- Complete and publish a project page.
- One 3 to 4-minute video that provides an overview of the solution’s work.
- Supporting materials explain how the solution works and the team’s steps to create it. This presentation can be in screenshots, slide decks, and any written material explaining the solution.
For further information about the Code4YOUth Hackathon Competition, please visit the official website of the HCLTeach.
Check More Opportunities
Young Health Program Impact Fellowship to Attend OYW Summit 2023, UK (Fully Funded Scholarship)
Austrian Development Cooperation Scholarship for Developing Countries at ITH
European Forum Alpbach Scholarship Program
BP Net Zero Scholarship to Attend One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast, UK