Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
The free press award is allocated for journalists and media professionals who have an outstanding commitment to press freedom and independent information. Moreover, the award aims to appreciate the journalists who are working hard and at-risk everything to provide the news, media pioneers who pave the way for equality and justice. Besides, the consideration will be given to the journalists who persevere under the most challenging circumstances furthermore, journalists, and media professionals to perform their duties in any situation no matter what. Following, the submission will be judged by an expert and independent panel. In this case, journalists and media professionals around the world who are bringing reliable information to their audience can apply for the award. Read the details to gather more details.
Amount of prize: 15000 €
Most resilient journalist
- Journalists who have reported the news with extraordinary strength of character, courage, and perseverance.
- Professional media professionals and journalists who are facing imprisonment, violence, and censorship during their performance and struggling to show their commitments to press freedom and independent data.
- Moreover, journalists who are preparing their work in the face of government oppression, political pressure, intimidation, physical violence, and other obstacles.
- The most resilient journalist winner will receive 15000 €
Newcomer of the year:
- Professionals media producers and journalists who are struggling to provide strong performance to give reliable news to the audiences.
- Journalists who are publishing and podcasting the untold stories.
- The Newcomer of the Year winner will receive a media scholarship.
Deadline: 1 August 2020
- Tokyo University of Technology Master’s and PhD Scholarships in Japan (Fully Funded)
- Princeton Arts Fellowships 2020 for Outstanding Artists ($84,000 Stipend available)
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship for International Students
- Scholarship for Young Women to Study Medicine, Nursing and Midwifery
- Online application form
- Personal details of the candidates
- Professional information of nominee not longer than 300 words.
- Explain in 300 words why your candidates should consider for the award.
- Two examples of the candidate’s work in English translation in pdf, doc, jpg, png, or mov 24 MB. Name the file for any category you nominate your candidate.
- At least two references information
Note: self-nomination will not consider for the award.
How to apply:
The nominee can choose one of the categories and nominate their candidates