Opportunity ID 31728
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Language of Instruction English
The Fosseway Writers Flash Fiction Competition 2022 is an opportunity for writers with a cash prize for three winners. So, writers from any part of the world can submit their original works through email or mail before August 20, 2022. Check the details for more information.
Deadline: 20 August 2022
Result announcement: 7 September 2022
- First winner: 50£
- The second winner: 30 £
- The third winner: 20 £
- With a prize of £10 awarded to the top local author (eligible postcodes: NG22/23/24/25)
Remit: Flash Fiction using the prompt: “Equinox”
Judges: Matt Kendrick
Competition Entry Fee:
- First submission: 5 £
- Extra submissions: 3 £
- Fosseway Members receive a £1 discount off the total amount due.
Email submissions: kindly make the appropriate payment by bank transfer to:
Account name: Fosseway Writers Group
Sort Code: 40-34-08
Account Number: 91222228
Reference: Please put your own as the reference
Note: If the proper entry fee is not paid by the deadline, entries will not be made available for judging. Cheques made out to Fosseway Writers should be accompanied with printed entries that are submitted in hard copy.
- Per entry must include at least 300 words excluding title
- Submission format is the black standard font, 12 PT, for a soft copy. For a hard copy, print the single-sided on A4 paper.
- The submission should be the original writing of the authors or competitors and must not publish before.
- Since judging is done anonymously, leave your name out of EVERYTHING—including the entry’s title and filename.
- Although the author will always retain all rights, entering the competition grants them the permission to post your work on their website (top 3 only).
Competition Rules and regulations:
- Applicants required to read the rules carefully.
- All entries should meet the competition eligibility.
- The competition fees are not refundable.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- The entries can submit through email and post.
How to submit?
- Email entries must be saved as a Word (.doc or.docx) file or a pdf (.pdf). Other formats are not permitted.
- Your entry title should be the file name, for example, my amazing writing.pdf,.doc, or.docx. Avoid using generic filenames like competition.pdf or fosseway.doc. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR NAME IN THE TITLE OF YOUR ENTRY as this may cause it to be disqualified.
- Entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your entry attached and the entry title as the topic.
- Please include your name, address, phone number, email address, word count (or line count for poetry), and payment amount in the body of your email along with a confirmation of the title of your contribution. Please specify where you saw the contest information as well. Sending one email per entry is also an option. You can send many entries in one email by making sure your subject line reads “Multiple entries” rather of your single title.
- A separate A4 page with the entry title, author’s name, address, phone number, email address, and line count must be included with each hard copy submission. Please specify where you saw the contest information as well.
- Entrants are urged to create a copy of their work before submitting it because hard copies of entries won’t be returned. To assist us avoid paying additional postal fees, kindly check the size and weight of the envelope.
- Fosseway Writers Flash Fiction Competition, Barnfield House, Mill Lane, Normanton on Trent, NG23 6RW is the address for postal submissions.
- The deadline is Saturday, August 20, 23:59. Additionally, payment must be made by this date.
Submission Email: email@example.com
For more information related to the Fosseway Writers Flash Fiction Competition 2022, you can visit the official website of the competition.
You may also like these opportunities:
- University of Padova Free Online Course on ‘Social Innovation in Rural Areas’
- Health Systems Development Specialization Free Online Course
- The Future of Globalization online course
- International Women’s Health and Human Rights Free Online Course
- Deakin University Free Online Course on ‘Cultural Diversity in the Workplace’