Opportunity ID 30568
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 3 weeks
Language of Instruction English
The University of Padova, in cooperation with multiple other organizations and partners, has designed this course on “Social Innovation in Rural Areas.” Other partners have outstandingly contributed to providing content for the course.
On this course, you’ll learn what social innovation is, how it can best be supported, and where innovation efforts should be centered. You’ll primarily focus on the challenges facing rural areas. Moreover, it will introduce you to a range of approaches for implementing social innovation initiatives as you discover the role of communities and society in innovation development. Besides, it will help you explore social innovation applications and best practices used for managing such projects.
Course quick details:
Course developer: University of Padova
Instruction language: English
Course provider: Future Learn
Course type: Free with limited access, Monthly Subscription: $27.99, Buy this course: $44 one-off payment
Subject: Nature and Environment
Duration: 3 weeks (6 hours/week)
Start date: Flexible
To see the full list and profiles of instructors, click here.
What you will learn:
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Develop a fundamental understanding of the concept of social innovation and its impact on social, economic and environmental outcomes in rural areas
- Figure out diverse roles of communities and civil society in the development of social innovation initiatives
- Enhance awareness of the multiple applications of rural social innovation to support social welfare
- Discover a myriad of tools and methods to better support social innovation
- Develop competences for identifying, categorizing and analyzing cases of social innovation in Europe and non-European Mediterranean countries
- Categorize factors that affect the development of social innovation in rural areas
- Evaluate social innovation through innovative methods of evaluation
- Make a comparison of the policy contexts for social innovation in rural areas and their role in encouraging or restraining its development
Who can enroll?
The course addresses anyone interested in innovation in rural development. This may include decision-makers, public, private, and third sector development agents, evaluators, facilitators, technical advisors, researchers, or students engaged with social innovation projects in rural areas.
What topics will it cover?
1 – Introduction to Social Innovation
2 – Features of social innovation in rural areas
3 – Social innovation in rural areas in practice
4 – Good practices and adaptive management in social innovation projects
5 – Techniques to assess social innovation in rural areas
6 – Policy requirements for supporting social innovation in rural areas
- Shareable certificate (Only for self funded applicants)
- 100% online
How to apply?
You can join this course by completing registration in the given link.
For further details about University of Padova Free Online Course on ‘Social Innovation in Rural Areas’, please visit FutureLearn’s website.