Opportunity ID 30553
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 4 weeks
Language of Instruction English
Deakin Business School at the University of Deakin offers this course on “Leading Culturally Diverse Teams in the Workplace.” Cultural diversity in the workplace allows organizations to benefit from varying opinions and approaches. Learning to apply multiculturalism in your team can be a powerful tool.
In this course, you will gain global perspectives on the impact of multiculturalism. You’ll explore both its challenges and advantages to teams and learn how to lead and communicate with a culturally diverse and inclusive team.
After completing this course, you shall have a greater understanding of the value of diversity in the workplace, and be prepared to apply what you’ve learned in your own organization.
Course quick details:
Course developer: Deakin University
Instruction language: English
Course provider: Future Learn
Course type: Self-paced
Subject: Management and Leadership in Business
Price: Free with limited access, Monthly Subscription: $27.99, Buy this course: $69 One-off payment
Duration: 4 weeks (3 hours/week)
Start date: Flexible
Sneha Chrispal teaches management courses at Deakin University. Her areas of interest in research are organizations, inequality, and discrimination. She has operations and strategic experience in the sector.
2. Puva P Arumugam
She has a keen interest in performing arts and multicultural migrant identity research and education. She has a Ph.D. in Cultural Studies and Theatre Studies.
What you will achieve:
By the completion of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Identify and understand cultural diversity within your organization.
- Develop sensitivity to cultural differences between and within countries
- Discuss how culture impacts your perspective
- Gain a deeper understanding of the opportunities and challenges of culturally diverse teams and how to manage these
- Explore complication linked to global virtual teams
- Advance communication throughout cultures and distance
- Find out how to leverage cultural diversity in teams to create more innovative solutions and make more effective decisions.
- Identify how to sharpen the skills and capabilities of multicultural individuals in teams.
- Develop a capacity to inclusively lead diverse teams
Who can enroll?
This course is developed for employees that lead or work in organizations with cultural diversity, or those who have a keen interest in diversity in the workplace, including leaders of global organizations or outsourced and offshore teams.
What topics will it teach?
The course will contain case studies, reflective exercises, and problem analysis to cover the following themes:
- Exploring cultural diversity
- Examining why cultural diversity matters in teams
- Discovering the potential benefits of multicultural teams
- Running/leading diverse, inclusive, and high-performing teams
- Shareable certificate (only for self funded applicants)
- 100% online
How to apply?
You can join this course by completing registration in the given link.
For further information about Deakin University Free Online Course on ‘Cultural Diversity in the Workplace, please visit FutureLearn’s website.