Opportunity ID 30107
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
The Rory Peck Awards allocated for freelance journalists and filmmakers who are working in a place where it may difficult to publish news or program in any part of the world. Moreover, the participants also can be photojournalists and camera operators who play an essential role in global newsgathering and in keeping independent journalism alive. So, interested and eligible applicants can submit their work before 31 July 2022.
Organized by: Rory Peck Awards
Deadline: 31 July 2022
Award sponsors: Google, Sony, and AP
Each entry costs: £25
- You will get to attend the awards event in London, network with important business contacts, and receive a cash award of £1000.
- Finalists for awards have the chance to gain recognition from prestigious media outlets and business leaders around the world.
- Freelance journalists or filmmakers are eligible to apply. (freelance means anybody who is collecting and generating stories, images, and footage for professional broadcast and online news and current affairs platforms)
- The first broadcast must complete between 1 August 2021 and 1 August 2022.
- The submission should have titled as the first broadcast.
- All entries should publish by a recognized television channel, broadcaster, news agency, COD/streaming platform, or online news platform.
- Submission should not re-versions or submitted before.
- Do not submit one entry into the whole category.
- Self-funded work and entries from freelancers living and working in a place where it may be difficult to launch.
- Online application form
- Film files with the following criteria: submit as broadcast with high resolution.MOV H264 (1920 x 1080) format and without timecodes. Mention the clear title with the name of the entrant and entry title.
- Supporting materials. (if the submissions are not in English, mute provide a detailed, accurate storyline and translation)
The submission will select based on quality and impact of work, personal endeavor, and journalistic integrity which are including:
- News award, sponsored google based on video coverage of a news event and its focus. The video must not be longer than 10 minutes.
- News features awards focus on video news features that take a more in-depth look at a story. The video duration should be about 30 minutes.
- Sony impact awards for current affairs will recognize in long-form current affairs video or film that examines a single topic, story, or a situation no longer than 1 hour.
- Martin Adler Prize focuses on an honors local freelance, a journalist, or field producer.
How to apply?
Eligible freelance journalists and filmmaker can submit their work online
Cover the entry cost
Each submission costs £25. A separate online submission form and entry fee must be submitted for every entry, regardless of how many entries are submitted. The trust’s operating expenses and charity gifts are covered by all of the money earned from the Rory Peck Awards.
entry fee exempt
A small number of entry fee waivers are provided for people who cannot pay the price in order to promote equal chances. To request a waiver of the entry fee, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information about Rory Peck Award for freelance journalists and filmmakers, please visit Rory Peck’s website.
You may also be interested in these opportunities:
- Digital Branding and Engagement free online course
- Money Markets, Foreign Exchange and Time Value of Money free online course
- Online Course on ‘Anxiety in Children and Young People during COVID-19”
- BBA photography Prize 2022
- Persuasive Writing and Public Speaking Free Online Course at Harvard University