Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 4724
Applications are open for the Echoing Green Fellowship 2022. Young applicants who have an idea or are working on a plan to bring a positive change in the world can apply to a two-year Fellowship program. The institution is looking for inspiring leaders who are committed to eliminating structural oppression and affecting change in their communities so that all people can flourish.
The Echoing Green Fellowship is for people who are experts on the challenge they’ve chosen to confront and whose enterprises are at an early stage. We seek leaders who reflect the communities they serve and bring deep knowledge of the issues into their work as they design solutions with and for their communities. We strongly encourage leaders from anywhere in the world who identify as Black, Indigenous, or a person of color to apply for the Fellowship.
Echoing Green fellowship is offered to applicants to help build and shift power in their communities, drive inclusive and intersectional solutions forward, and fuel radical leaps of imagination that transform systems and power social movements.
The Echoing Green Fellowship supports leaders with bold ideas that will contribute to a world where race does not correlate with the systemic limitation or denial of opportunities, access to resources, or limits to the space to dream and build. Building a future free from racism, colorism, colonialism, white supremacy, and other oppressive systems requires collective action, working across issues and geographies, and learning across experiences. The Fellowship application prompts you to share how you will help counteract these forces and create a world where all people can thrive. Applicants are requested to provide clear and identifiable examples in your application responses, so the jury understands how racial equity is core to your bold vision for change, from your organization’s operations to your intended impact.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the following criteria before submitting the application.
The target group of this fellowship is leaders who:
- Build and shift power: The best innovators use their clear understanding of the problem to develop the sharpest solutions. The fellowship looks for leaders who show how their idea will shift power to the people most impacted by the outcomes of their enterprise.
- Resource intersectional approaches: leaders who build solutions with an intersectional understanding of how social identities, including gender, sexuality, ethnicity, disability, and class, intersect with the race to differently shape people’s experiences in the world.
- Fuel radical imagination. Our community is inspired by the idea that collectively, we can help build a world that has yet to exist—where all people can thrive
Applicants should show their leadership quality and in clear examples in their application and Showcase their ability to drive ideas forward, build support for their vision, and lead an organization toward its goals.
Application deadline: May 3, 2022 2:00 PM ET
Awarding institution: Echoing Green
Notification of selected applicants: August 2022
Number of accepted applicants: 400
Selected finalists: 80
Echoing Green Fellowship is a two-year full-time program for innovators, investigators, pioneers, and and social justice leaders from across the world to work on:
- Climate Change
- Human rights
- Racial Justice
Fellows participating in the program will benefit from the below benefits:
- Unique framework
- Leader support
- Retreats and networking programs
- Wellbeing support
- Seed funding (80,000 USD stipend)
- Expert partners
- Eligibility criteria
- Be over 18 years.
- Demonstrate proficiency in English
- Be able to commit to full-time to your organization.
- Should be the primary decision-maker in the organization.
- Students or currently employed people must agree to make their organization your full-time engagement if awarded a fellowship.
- Need not be an American citizen or based in America.
- Can reapply for the fellowship if their previous application was not successful.
- The organization must be the original idea of the applicant, in its start-up phase or independent.
- Non-profit, for-profit, and hybrid organizations can apply:
- Should not be run by one individual.
- Organization in the Ideation phase can apply (no need for registration)
- Your organization should be independent and autonomous.
- No one at the leadership level should have previously received this fellowship.
- Not be tuition or scholarship funding or research project, lobbying or faith-based organizations.
- USF International Fellowships for Early and mid-Career Urban Scholars from the Global South
- The Matsumae International Foundation Research Fellowship Program 2022 in Japan
- University of Science & Technology of China Fellowship for Non-degree and Research Internship Programs
- Changing system
- Racial equity
Criteria for individuals
- Purpose alignment
- Pertinence to and expertise on the issue
- Leadership skills
The organizations that include:
- Research projects
- Lobbying or faith-based organization
- Or grown organization – passed their startup phase
How to apply?
You can apply online. Multiple applications will result in the termination of all.
Download Guideline and Questions
Watch this video to know more about this fellowship
- Video Pitch
- Reference letter
400 applicants will be selected and receive notification of primary selection. the 80 finalists will be invited to attend in New York City.
For further information, you can visit the Echoing Green Fellowship.
For questions regarding the application process, contact [email protected]