Degree Non Degree Program/CertificateResearch
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSNot RequiredHSK(Chinese)
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Opportunity ID 115067
The International College, University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) offers fellowships for non-degree and research internship programs starting from the academic year 2021. This fellowship is both fully and partially funded for international students to study at USTC. Thus, eligible candidates can apply for the available visiting students programs and get the opportunity for studying in China.
Fall semester 2021: May 31, 2021
Spring semester 2022: November 30, 2021
Host Institution: University of Science and Technology of China ( USTC)
Languages of instruction: Chinese and English
Level: Non-degree and research internship programs
Fields or programs: There are different programs for each level (you can see them in through the official link below)
Benefits for both types of programs
There are three different levels such as:
- Level A is funded by USTC that includes tuition waiver, vast Medical Insurance, free university hostel monthly allowance of 2,000 RMB for undergraduate, 3000 RMB for a master and 3500 RMB for a doctoral student;
- Level B that is funded by USTC and includes a tuition waiver, broad Medical Insurance, and a free on-campus dormitory.
- Level C that is sponsored by USTC only includes tuition waiver.
- Foreigners who hold a valid passport, and are in sound physical and mental health condition.
- Applicants should at least hold a high school certificate.
- Applicants should be between 18-50 years old (in general).
- Those who apply for Chinese-taught programs must fulfill the Chinese proficiency criteria and those who apply for English-medium ones must meet the relevant English competency criteria.
- Applicants who apply for research internship programs should have a good command of English.
How to apply?
Application is online; so you can apply online for the fellowship through USTC’s Online Application System.
Note: Research Internship application procedure should be completed at least three months before the enrolment in USTC.
Steps to complete:
- Create an account in the system.
- Fill in the form and upload all the documents accurately.
- Select the fellowship you want to apply for.
- Candidates can either apply for one level or three levels simultaneously.
- USTC will choose which level of fellowship the applicant may or may not receive according to the broad elevation of the applications.
For research internships:
- Applicants should contact USTC professors in relevant research fields and gain pre-acceptance from professors before submitting applications online.
- Copy of passport (with a validity of a maximum of one year)
- Certificate of registration and transcript (for high school graduates)
- For master and doctoral programs, certificate of enrolment, transcript, and certified graduation certificate from the higher education institutions.
- Research proposal (only for research programs)
- Curriculum Vitae/resume
- Letter of acceptance from a USTC supervisor
- At least one letter of recommendation from a full university professor or associate professor.
- Proof of Chinese or English language competency as needed
Note: Documents that are not in English or Chinese must be attached with an attested translation in one of the two above languages.
For more information about the programs and the lists of fields, you are requested to visit the website of USTC to help you prepare better.