Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study All Graduate Programs At UH
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration Two Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 830
If you are a graduate student from Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, East Asia, the Pacific, and the United States, you can apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship. the Fellowship is covering all the expenses to study your master’s degree or PhD at the University of Hawaii, in Mona. or you may want to apply for the Asian Development Bank Scholarship at East-West Center to study your master’s degree at the University of Hawaii.
- Organized by: East-West Center
- Degree: masters/ doctoral degree
- Location: USA
- Institution: University of Hawaii
- Deadline: December 1, 2022
- Result Notification: April 1, 2023
- United States
- Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste & Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan & Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia & Taiwan
- Tuition fees and books
- Partial funding for:
- health insurance and
- incidental expenses.
- Funding for field study and conference presentations
- You must be from one of the above mentioned countries:
- You need to apply for admission to UH Manoa (UHM) graduate department simultaneously when you apply to the EWC.
- You must have a 4-year bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum grade point average of 3.0 (4.0=A scale) in the last four semesters or six quarters of the bachelor.
- Have applied/or apply to a graduate program at the University of Hawaii by December 1.
EWC Graduate Degree Fellowships (GDF) support graduated study at the University of Hawai’i (UH).
You need to apply for admission to UH Manoa (UHM) graduate department simultaneously when you apply to the EWC.
Required documents should be sent to the East-West Center before December 1, 2022. Supporting documents must be completed for both UH Application and East-west center by Jan 10, 2023
To be submitted December 1, 2022:
- Curriculum vitae or resume;
- Application Acknowledgement (screenshot or PDF of the notification you receive from UH after submitting your online admission application to the university) for applicants applying to UH at the same time.
- Biodata page on a passport (for international students only).
To be submitted January 10, 2023:
- Official transcripts from each college or university you attended (for submission instructions, see the Handbook’s “Academic Transcripts” section)
- If you are not a current University of Hawai’i student and are required to provide proof of English proficiency, the testing service must report an official IELTS or TOEFL score. For more information on how to report your results, please see the Handbook section on “Exams and Score Reports.”
- Three letters of recommendation, two of which address your academic abilities and professional goals, and the third of which reflects on your participation in any community service, civic engagement, or extra-curricular activities. When you complete your online application, a link to the Letter of Reference form will be provided to your referee.
Read the Handbook of Application HERE.
For more information about East- West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship, please visit the East-West Center Website
- MCW Young Leadership fellowship 2023-24 for Aspiring Young Change Makers
- Creative Arts Scholarship at James Cook University in Australia
- TU Delft Excellence MSc Scholarship 2023/24 in Netherlands [Fully-Funded]
- ENS Bachelor & Master Scholarship in France
- Cambridge University MBA Scholarship 2023 by Boustany Foundation