Opportunity ID 207209
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 8
Fields of study innovation and entrepreneurship
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 12 days
Language of Instruction English
East West Center Organizes 2023 Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Seminar in Oʻahu and Hawaiʻi Island, USA, and offers funding for women from USA and Asia Pacific. The Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Seminar is a 12-day professional training program focusing on the role of innovation and entrepreneurship in economic growth, job creation, and community development.
The program includes workshops, field visits, and meetings with experts, practitioners, business owners, and policymakers in Hawaii. USA. Participants are also matched with local women leaders in a Host Mentor Program, act as mentors for high school students in a Next Generation Service Project, and develop an Action Plan to improve their business or community. Changing Faces women participate in the #GalswithLEI forum as panelists, moderators, and attendees.
- Profession training
What will participants learn:
Participants will attend a series of workshops, field visits and meeting with experts, policy makers and business owners to expand their knowledge of
- economic growth,
- leadership, and
- community building
Details of 2023 Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Seminar
- Deadline: March 16, 2023
- Theme: Women as Innovators and Entrepreneurs
- Duration: 12 days
- Training and program date: 23 July – 5 August 2023
- Location: Oʻahu and Hawaiʻi Island, USA
- Target: Women business owners and social entrepreneurs
Number of scholarships: 6-8
Scholarships are around USD 3,250 for each successful candidate that covers the following:
- Interisland flight cost from Oʻahu to Hawaiʻi Island
- Ground transportation and airport transfers throughout the 2023 program
- Lodging/accommodation on Oʻahu and Hawaiʻi Island during program
- Program meals and a modest per diem to cover meals not provided throughout the 2023 program
- Pro-rated speaker honorariums and training workshops
- Individually tailored host mentorship
- Cultural activities and networking opportunities
- Participant resource materials
- Experienced facilitators with knowledge of regional and women’s leadership issues
Not covered by scholarship:
All Changing Faces Women are responsible for the following expenses:
- roundtrip airfare to and from Honolulu,
- visa-related expenses,
- health insurance, and
- baggage fees
Who can apply?
Applicants with the following criteria are eligible to apply to 2023 Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Seminar:
- Be a female business owner and/or social entrepreneur who demonstrate leadership and influence and impact the community
- These groups are also eligible to apply: Innovative entrepreneurs, government and industry policymakers, and civile society leaders, and business managers who:
- Have at least 7 years of work experience
- Play a leadership role in their community
- Be able to communicate in English professionally.
Eligible countries: United States, Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei, Cambodia, China, East Timor, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Zealand, Niue, Pakistan, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sāmoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Tonga, and Vietnam
Note: Preference is given to applicants with limited international exchange and professional development opportunities.
- Completed application form
- Letter of interest (max 3 pages) Including: A brief description of your company/organization and your role; what you expect to contribute to and gain from participating in Changing Faces; concrete example(s) of your professional leadership and innovation, as defined above; demonstrated potential for impact within your community; identify an actionable goal for either your organization or community that you wish to work on and outline the role you can or would like to play in achieving that goal.
- CV/Resume (max 2 pages).
- Two professional recommendation letters ( signed and with letterhead): describe your suitability for the program.
How to apply?
Applicants should prepare the documents listed above and apply online to submit their application for 2023 Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Seminar.
For more information about the 2023 Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Seminar, you can visit the east-west center website