Opportunity ID 13733
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The CTBUH Student Research Competition is designed to help talented students, work in groups under the supervision of a professor, and focus on the related research question, creating an engaging result as a response. The CTBUH is inviting international applicants to address the 2021 topic of “Sustainable Tall Building and Urban Habitat” in their research proposal and win 5,000 Dollars as an award to conduct their research. Read the details of the competition and apply today.
- Deadline: 22 June 2021, (12:00 p.m. CST)
- Submission review: 28 April to 5 June 2020
- Notification of winning teams: 23 July 2021
- Result announcement for winning teams: 29 July 2021
- Project start time: Late 2021- Early 2022
- $5000 paid in one installment, and it will transfer to the university or professor engaged with the submitted project.
- Will be recognized at the CTBUH 2021 International Conference
The topic: Sustainable Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat
The topic of the proposal:
- Architecture, construction, energy issues, façade design, environmental engineering, financial and cost issues, humanities, fire and life safety, interiors, maintenance and cleaning, infrastructure, materials, MEP engineering, resource management, seismic, social aspects, structural engineering, development system, urban planning, vertical transportation, wind engineering, etc.
Proposal Submission requirements:
- The submission should be in the English language.
- The proposal should contain information or details of research ideas and output results.
- The award will cover all costs of student’s research work, including equipment and materials, travel expenses, etc.
- The CTBUH will help to publish the research output to the international community through its normal channels, publications, websites, newsletters, etc.
- Individuals, groups, or Ph.D. applicants from around the world can apply.
- Proposal from any field or discipline is welcome.
- Public or private, professional academic representatives who can carry out the research effectively.
- Each team or individual may submit only one application.
Similar Competition Opportunities:
- Global Peace Photo Award, Children’s Peace Image Competition 2021
- ILO-HRSF International Cartoon Competition on “Forced Labor and Modern Slavery”
- 2021 IWMF Anja Niedringhaus Courage in Photojournalism Award (20,000$ Award)
- Quality of the proposal topic goals, methodology, and appeal of the topic (20 points).
- Experience and aptitude of advisors and students to deliver on the project and create an appealing output.
- Relevance, novelty, and suitability of the project output to be published (20 points).
- methodology of using funds (20 points).
- research timeline, awareness of research limitations (10 pts).
- clarity of your proposal, including the proper use of grammar (10 pts).
- Online application form
- An updated CV no longer than one page including your previews research experience
- For the academic professional and the reference student, up to three team members.
- Proposal details (title, abstract, research objective, background, methodology, expected result, timeline, impact, and budget justification)
- Reference details
- Team member’s info
- Recent photograph.
How to apply?
Interested applicants can submit their proposals online.
Have a glance at the CTBUH website for more information.