Opportunity ID 150285
Degree Non Degree Program/CertificateResearch
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the CTBUH (The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat) international research seed funding 2021. Talented and established researchers can submit their proposals on an area relevant to the theme of the call and win cash funding of 15,000 USD to develop their projects/initiatives.
The purpose of the seed funding is to enable brilliant researchers in devising projects/ideas to a level that would receive additional, more significant, funding—in association with the CTBUH.
2021 theme: tall building typology and/or urban habitat
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: 22 June 2021 (12:00 p.m. CST)
Awarding institution: The Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH)
In addition to the award of 15,000 USD to the successful team or project, the winner will be recognized and promoted through the CTBUH website and other platforms.
The research areas under this call include, but not limited to:
architecture, construction, energy issues, energy harvesting, environmental engineering, façades, financial & cost issues, fire & life safety, geotechnics, humanities, infrastructure, interiors, maintenance & cleaning, materials, MEP engineering, policymaking, resource management, seismic design, social aspects, structural engineering, systems development, urban planning, vertical transportation, wind engineering, etc.
- The Research Seed Funding application is open to research professionals from all disciplines.
- Research proposals should directly pertain to the tall building typology and/or urban habitat but can be from any topic/field.
- Team or individuals can submit proposals, however, applicants must represent public or private institutions meaning that non-institutional applicants or private submissions are not accepted.
- The proposals should have the strength to improve tall buildings and cities from a broad viewpoint.
- The ideal ultimate goal of the 2021 CTBUH Research Seed Funding is to lead to an official CTBUH Research Report publication. See examples here.
Also apply to:
Proposal submission guidelines
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications should stand on their own excellence and not depend upon other awaiting research unless that research is currently at an advanced stage, due to complete.
- All proposals should contain details needed for the Expert Peer Review Committee to understand the research ideas and expected outcomes.
Selection Committee & Criteria
The evaluation of proposals will be guided by the CTBUH Expert Peer Review Committee, with supervision from the funding sponsor.
The committee demonstrates a multi-disciplinary group of tall building/urban experts from around the world with proven research and publication portfolio as well as tall building experience in various fields.
A jury will shortlist the top five proposals following a first-round evaluation by the Expert Peer Review Committee.
- Submission Deadline: 22 June
- Notification of Winning Team: 4 August
- Official Winner Announcement: 12 August
- Research Project Conduction: Late 2021–Early 2022:
How to submit a proposal?
Prospective researchers may submit their proposals/entries online at the link below.
For more information about the funding opportunity, please follow the official link.
Should you have any concerns or questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.