Opportunity ID 10469
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Fields of study All Fields
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Chinese Government Scholarship is offered to students from countries around the world to study their master’s degree or PhD at Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) in China. This institute was founded in 1920 and currently has three campuses. It is an excellent opportunity to seize if you are willing to pursue your higher education in China on a fully funded scholarship.
Scholarship benefits and details:
The scholarship covers all expenses related to the study in China, including tuition, accommodation, insurance, and Stipend:
- Exemption from:
- Registration fee
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation fee
- Annual Medical insurance about 800 RMB
- Monthly allowance of 3000 RMB for Master’s and 3500 RMB for PhD applicants
Duration of Scholarship:
- Remedial Chinese Language studies: 1
- Master degree studies: 2-3
- PhD studies: 4 years
- Duration of scholarship for master degree: 2-4 years
- Duration of scholarship for PhD: 4-5 years
Note: The duration of Master studies in the fields of architecture, urban and rural planning, civil engineering, and landscape architecture is three years.
- Organization: Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT)
- Application opening: October 15, 2022
- Application closing date: February 18, 2023
- Location: China
- Medium of instruction: Chinese or English
- Schools and Majors:
Who can apply?
applicants with following qualification can apply for the Chinse Government Scholarship (CGS) at the Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT):
- Be healthy and have the nationality of a country other than China
- International students out of China or graduates of Chinese universities.
- Applicants for a Master’s degree should have a bachelor’s degree and be under 35.
- Ph.D. applicants should have a master’s degree and be under 40.
- Prove Chinese language proficiency of HSK Level-4 for Chinese-taught masters or doctoral degree programs and IELTS 6 /TOEFL 80 for English Taught programs;
- Have excellent educational performance with good ability in scientific research;
- Meet minimum academic, language proficiency, and other relevant requirements of the HIT.
- Chinese Government Scholarship for Master and PhD Students at Dalian University of Technology
- 2023 Chinese Government Scholarship for International Students at Fudan University
- Chinese Government Scholarship -University program
- Women Scholarship Endowment (WSE) Scholarships at Afghanistan Public and Private universities.
- ‘Open Doors Russian Graduate and Postgraduate Scholarships for Foreign Students 2020-21
- ADB Scholarship at the University of Hawaii in Manoa 2021-2022
How to apply?
Eligible Applicants should prepare the required documents and first apply to CGS Scholarship and then apply to the university as instructed below:
Required documents (English or Chinese or translated in English/Chinese)
All documents should be in English, Chinese, or translated into English or Chinese:
- Chinese Government Scholarship (CGS) Application Form
- Highest full-time study diploma
- Academic Transcripts
- Passport with validity till September 2023
- Study plan more than 1000 words in English / Chinese
- Two letters of recommendation by a professor or associate professor
- No Criminal Record certificate has been issued within the last six months
- Acceptance letter (not mandatory)
- Photocopy of foreigner physical examination with six months validity
- Bank receipt of application fee: 60 USD or 400 RMB; please use this payment information:
Name of the Bank: Industrial and Commercial Bank of China, Harbin, Da Zhi Branch
Bank Address: 318 East Dazhi Street, Harbin, People’s Republic of China
Name: Harbin Institute of Technology
Account Number: 3500040109008900513
- Language proficiency certificate:
- HSK4 or above for Chinese-taught programs in masters and Ph.D. levels,
- IELTS 6, TOEFL 80, or Certificate of English Proficiency from previous academic institutions for English-taught programs.
Note 1: Applicants with no Chinese command or insufficient Chinese language knowledge should complete a one-year Chinese language course and pass HSK 4 to continue their studies.
Note 2: Applicants should contact the professor before applying and enclose the acceptance letter from the supervisors of HIT. To find a supervisor, please browse this link.
Note 3: Please use the HIT code 10213 for the Type B scholarship.
Note 4: Applicants should submit the application documents with a remittance receipt copy. Otherwise, the responsible person will not consider their applications.
Note: applicants are advised to contact the professor before application and enclose the acceptance letter from supervisors of HIT.
CGS Downloadable Attachments
To have a successful application, please download these attachments and submit them to HIT:
How to Apply to university?
Qualified applicants must prepare the required documents and submit them with the application form to the Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) via the submission email below. Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Submit all application documents before the deadline.
- Step 2: Get the confirmation Email from the HIT Office of International Students Admission.
- Step 3: Applicants have an average of 24 hours to respond to the admission officer who follow-up on the application via email. Stay patient if the officer doesn’t respond in time. Please check your email inbox and spam frequently.
Submission Email: StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn
Note: Please mark the “CSC Scholarship Application” on the envelope.
For more information about the Chinses Government Scholarship (CGS), please visit the Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT) website or email StudyatHIT@hit.edu.cn. Applicants can also call the HIT at +86-451-86412647 or +86-451-86402455
HIT Address: No. 11 Siling Street, Nangang District, Harbin 150001 P.R. China