Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 To 4 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Opportunity ID 91584
The Dalian University of Technology Scholarship Overview
Applications are now open for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University program 2023 at Dalian University of Technology (DUT). Chinese Government Scholarship is offered for doctoral and master’s degree students from around the world . This scholarship only supports graduate programs studying in China. So, if you meet the criteria for this scholarship, you should apply.
Application period: 1 Nov 2022 to 20 February 2023
University: Dalian University of Technology (DUT)
Degree level: Master and PhD
- Master’s: three years
- Ph.D.: Four years
This scholarship almost provides complete coverage of expenses such as:
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation costs on campus
- Monthly stipend (for Master Degree Students: 3,000 CNY/month and for Doctor Degree Students: 3,500 CNY/month
- Medical insurance and protection program for international students in China
- International travel costs are note covered by the scholarship.
Fields of study: Master’s degree:
|Hydrology and Water Resources|
|081502||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Hydraulics and River Dynamics|
|Hydraulic Structure Engineering|
|Hydraulic and Hydro-Power Engineering|
|081505||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Port, Coastal and Offshore Engineering|
|Pavement and Railway Engineering|
|082302||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Traffic Information Engineering & Control|
|Transportation Planning & Management|
|070301||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Inorganic Chemistry|
|070304||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Physical Chemistry|
|Polymer Chemistry and Physics|
|080704||汉语/Chinese||Fluid Machinery and Engineering|
|080706||汉语/Chinese||Chemical Process Equipment|
|081702||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Chemical Technology|
|081705||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Industrial Catalysis|
|0817Z4||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Materials Science and Chemical Engineering|
|Energy Chemical Technology|
|083700||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Safety Science and Engineering|
|Environmental Science and Engineering|
|081000||汉语/Chinese||Information and Communication Engineering|
|081100||汉语/Chinese||Control Science and Engineering|
|081200||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Computer Science and Technology|
|087100||汉语/Chinese||Management Science and Engineering|
|120204||汉语/Chinese||Technical Economics and Management|
|1202Z4||汉语/Chinese||Intellectual Rights Management|
|050100||汉语/Chinese||Chinese Language & Literature|
|1201Z1||汉语/Chinese||Science of Science and Management of Science & Technology|
|120403||汉语/Chinese||Educational Economics and Management|
|050201||汉语/Chinese||English Language & Literature|
|050205||汉语/Chinese||Japanese Language & Literature|
|050211||汉语/Chinese||Foreign Linguistics & Applied Linguistics|
|040300||汉语/Chinese||Science of Physical Education|
|083300||汉语/Chinese||Urban and Rural Planning|
|130400||汉语/Chinese||Research of Fine Arts|
|080400||汉语/Chinese||Instruments Science and Technology|
|045300||汉语/Chinese||Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other
|083500||汉语、英语 Chinese/English||Software Engineering|
|080900||汉语/Chinese||Electronic Science and Technology|
Check the Ph.D. fields in the attachment.
Language of instruction:
- Chinese (Chinese-taught program)
- English (English-taught program- check the attachment below )
- For the doctoral and Master candidates, the final tutor and department could evaluate the language level according to the interview or written test.
- Be a citizen of a country other than China and be in good health condition.
- Be under the age of 35 for a Master’s degree and under 40 for a Ph.D. scholarship.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree for master’s studies and a master’s degree for Ph.D. studies
- submit an English certificate for English taught program:
- TOEFL 80/IELTS5.5
- English language certificate as the language of instruction issued by the last educational institution.
- Native English speakers are exempted.
HSK certificate (within 2 years) is required for the Chinese-taught program:
- 1: HSK 4 180 or above for majors in Science, Technology, Management, and Economics;
- 2: HSK 5 180 or above for majors related to Humanities and Social Science, Philosophy.
For the English-taught program, an English certificate is mandatory:
- A TOEFL or IELTS_ for TOEFL a score of 80 or higher, and the IELTS score must be 5.5 or higher;
- Applicants whose language of instruction at the last education level was English could only demonstrate the language certificate issued by the latest educational institutions.
What documents are required for the CGS-Chinese University Program?
- Application form (in Chinese/English)
- Highest academic diploma/verified copy (applicants who are expected to graduate need to submit an official document issued by the university stating the status of the student and the expected graduation date.)
- Educational transcripts (documents not in Chinese or English should have an English or Chinese translation attached to them).
- Study plan/research proposal (min. 800 words elaborating on the filed you would pursue at DUT)
- Two recommendation letters from your university professors/associate professors (see the attachment). In addition, the diploma and recommendation letters should also fulfill the criteria of the transcript in terms of language.
- Physical examination form (only for those whose duration of stay in China is less than 6 months )
- Copy of passport (with more than 6 months validity).
- Copy of valid HSK or English language Certificates as described above
- Letter of No-Criminal Conviction.
- 6 photos (3cm*4cm).
How to apply for the Dalian University of Technology Scholarship at DUT?
Applicants should download the the application form, and other attached documents, read the instructions, fill the application form and prepare the required document.
Applicants shall submit the application forms and other documents in ZIP by Email to the School of International Education, DUT at ([email protected]).
Submit your application documents to the above email in the ZIP file before the deadline.
Please name your email subject after “DUT application number + passport last name + passport name.”
All the applicants must gain Acceptance Letters from DUT Supervisors; the application without the acceptance letters cannot be considered.
To complete your application, finish the following steps:
- Apply to the university offering this program by emailing your application.
- Then, apply online to the Chinese Government Scholarship website, fill in the form, and print and sign a hard copy. Please note that the agency number of DUT is 10141 and select Type B when selecting scholarship.
- You may consult the official link for instructions, list of programs, and agency number. Finally, submit all your documents to the university before the deadline.
- And, you should apply to submit an online application to the DUT website as well.
- Note: Download the health form, samples of recommendation letter, application form, and study plan, and the list of majors.
Notification of result and enrolment time
The host university reviews the candidates’ applications. Then, it will send the admission notice to the applicants by the end of July 2023.
Enrolment time is Sept 2023.
For further details on the scholarship and necessary attachments to international students, please visit the website of the Dalian University of Technology (DUT).