Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 To 4 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Opportunity ID 91584
Applications are now open for the Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University program 2021 at Dalian University of Technology (DUT). The university will offer the Chinese Government Scholarship for doctoral or master’s degree students worldwide in 2021 except in literature and arts in other than Chinese). This scholarship only supports graduate programs studying in China. So, if you meet the criteria for this scholarship, you should apply.
Application period: 1 Nov 2020 to 8 March 2021
University: Dalian University of Technology (DUT)
Degree level: Master and PhD
Duration: Master’s: three years and Ph.D.: Four years
This scholarship almost provides full coverage of expenses such as:
- Tuition fee
- Accommodation cost on campus
- Monthly stipend (for Master Degree Students: 3,000 CNY/month and for Doctor Degree Students: 3,500 CNY/month
- Medical insurance and protection program for international students in China
- Applicants are expected to assume their international travel costs themselves.
- Be a citizen of a country other than China and be in good health condition.
- Be under the age of 35 for a Master’s degree and under 40 for a Ph.D. scholarship.
- Have earned a bachelor’s degree for master’s studies and a master’s degree for Ph.D. studies.
Language of instruction:
- Chinese (Chinese-taught program)
- English (English-taught program- if available)
- For the doctoral and Master candidates, the final tutor and department could evaluate the language level according to the interview or written test.
HSK certificate (within 2 years) is required for the Chinese-taught program:
- 1: HSK 4 180 or above for majors in Science, Technology, Management, and Economics;
- 2: HSK 5 180 or above for majors related to Humanities and Social Science, Philosophy.
For the English-taught program, an English certificate is mandatory:
- A TOEFL or IELTS_ for TOEFL a score of 80 or higher, and the IELTS score must be 5.5 or higher;
- Applicants whose language of instruction at the last education level was English could only demonstrate the language certificate issued by the latest educational institutions.
How to apply for the Dalian University of Technology Scholarship at DUT?
Application for this scholarship is through email, and applicants shall submit the application forms and other documents by Email to the School of International Education, DUT at ([email protected]).
Submit your application documents to the above email in the ZIP file before the deadline.
Please name your email subject after “DUT application number + passport last name + passport name.”
All the applicants must gain the Acceptance Letters from DUT Supervisors; the application without the acceptance letters cannot be considered.
To complete your application, finish the following steps:
- Apply to the university offering this program by emailing your application.
- Then, apply online to the Chinese Government Scholarship website, fill in the form, and print and sign a hard copy.
- You may consult the official link for instruction, list of programs, and agency number. Finally, submit all your documents to the university before the deadline.
- And, you should apply to submit an online application to the DUT website as well.
What documents are required for the CGS-Chinese University Program?
- Application form (in Chinese/English)
- Highest academic diploma/verified copy (applicants who are expected to graduate need to submit an official document issued by the university stating the status of the student and the expected graduation date.)
- Educational transcripts (documents not in Chinese or English should have an English or Chinese translation attached to them).
- Study plan/research proposal (min. 800 words elaborating on the filed you would pursue at DUT)
- Two recommendation letters from your university professors/associate professors (see the attachment). In addition, the diploma and recommendation letters should also fulfill the criteria of the transcript in terms of language.
- Physical examination form (only for those whose duration of stay in China is less than 6 months )
- Copy of passport (with more than 6 months validity).
- Copy of valid HSK or English language Certificates as described above
- Letter of No-Criminal Conviction.
- 6 photos (3cm*4cm).
Notification of result and enrolment time
The host university reviews the candidates’ applications. Then, it will send the admission notice to the applicants by the end of July 2021.
Enrolment time is Sept 2021.
For further details of the scholarship and important attachments to international students, please visit the website of Dalian University of Technology (DUT).