Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSHSK(Chinese)
Fields of study All
Opportunity Type : Fully FundedPartially Funded
Duration 3 To 6 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Opportunity ID 98926
Applications are now open for the Chinese Government Scholarship-China Scholarship Council (CSC) for international students for the A.Y. 2021. The Chinese Government has established a range of scholarship programs to promote mutual cooperation and exchanges between China and other countries. China Scholarship Council (CSC) on behalf of the Chinese Ministry of Education manages this program.
This program supports four recipient categories such as undergraduate students, graduate students, general scholars, and senior scholars who are sponsored to study and undertake research at Chinese universities.
There are two categories of programs and ways by which you can apply for this program:
First Category- Through local embassies/consulate of china or dispatching institutions of your home country for foreign study.
Second Category- Online directly through the host university’s website.
Application deadline: 4th April 2021
University: Chongqing University of Posts and Telecommunications (CQUPT)
Category A: Bachelor, Master, Doctoral, General and Senior Scholars
Category B: Master and PhD
Fields: All subjects
Duration: 3-6 years
The scholarship is both in the form of full & partial coverage:
- Tuition fees;
- Free on-campus accommodation;
- Monthly stipend (CNY 3000/Month for master and CNY 3500/Month for Ph.D.)
- Broad medical insurance;
- International travel costs: self-financed;
One or more of the above benefit items.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible.
- Must be citizens of a foreign country and be in good health condition.
- Should be a high school graduate below the age of 25 when applying for the undergraduate programs;
- Hold a bachelor’s degree below the age of 35 when applying for the master’s programs;
- Applicants should not hold any other scholarships.
Languages of instruction:
- IELTS≧6.5 or TOEFL≧80 or comparable score or be Native English speakers. Applicants who could not provide these English test results have to take an English test organized by CQUPT in May.
Chinese -taught programs:
- HSK 4 or above. Applicants who have HSK 5 or above can apply for the major study directly.
On the contrary, those who have HSK 4 can apply to take Chinese language training courses for one year, and then move on to their degree study after fulfilling the requirement;
Applicants who can demonstrate proof of studying at a previous institution where the language has been Chinese can apply for the HSK test waiver.
How to apply?
To apply online, applicants should complete the below steps to complete their application.
1st step – Complete the online application at CSC Online Application System for International Students. Please note to choose Category B of the program. The institution code is 10617. After you submit the form, print and sign it.
2nd step – Complete the online application at CQUPT International Student Service System.
- Choose your program “The Chinese government scholarship”,
- Upload the required documents including the signed Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (step one), and then submit the online application form.
B- Through dispatching authorities/local Chinese embassies:
1st step: Apply to the Chinese consulate/embassy or dispatching authorities for foreign study of your home country for CSC scholarship opportunity;
2nd step: Apply to your target university through online application for the Pre-admission Letter once recommended by the dispatching authorities/ Chinese consulate as an eligible candidate (you will receive an Award Letter for a CSS Candidate);
3rd step: Submit all of your application documents to the dispatching authorities of your home country or accepting Chinese diplomatic missions before the deadline.
Note: The acceptance letter from CQUPT is not required for applicants.
You might be in search of other scholarship opportunities such as:
- 2021 Chinese Government Scholarships for International students at UCAS
- 42 Chancellor’s International Scholarship for PhD Degree at the University of Warwick [Fully-Funded]
- 105 MIEM Master Scholarship Program for International Students at the University of Paris
- Chinese Government Scholarship – Bilateral Program 2021 at Zhejiang University
- Japanese Government (MEXT) Research, Master and Ph.D. Scholarship 2021 in Japan
- MEXT Graduate Scholarship for iART Program at ‘Kyushu Institute of Technology’, Japan
- Application Form for CSC (in Chinese or English).
- Certified highest diploma and transcripts. Applicants expected to graduate should provide official documents showing their current status or expected graduation date. Documents not in English or Chinese should include Chinese or English translation.
- Study plan or a research proposal (in English or Chinese).
- Two letters of recommendation in Chinese or English signed by their university professor.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, written in English, found here. The Physical examinations must have all the items mentioned in the Form. It is only valid for over 6 months.
- Copy of HSK or English results certificate (if available).
- A valid copy of the passport information page.
- Non-criminal record.
- Other documents such as papers, articles or publications or awards.
Scholarship verification and university placement
Different factors, for example, the different scholarship funding requirements of every country, the host university’s teaching capacity, study length, and candidates’ criteria inferred from their documents all combine to play a role in the evaluation process.
For further details of the scholarship, you may go through the Chinese Government Scholarship-CSC Program.