Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 Days
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 110246
The 10th Youth Forum of the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) will be held on 7-8 April 2021 and celebrate its 10th Anniversary. The Forum comes at a time when the world is experiencing an extraordinary global emergency with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The Youth Forum will center on the theme of ECOSOC and the 2021 UN High-level Political Forum (HLPF) focusing mainly on COVID-19 and its effect on the implementation of the Decade of Action (UN Agenda 2030) for Sustainable Development and the kind of recovery that can enable us back to build a better world as anticipated in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
Deadline: 17 March 2021
Organizer: United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
Dates: 7-8 April 2021
Format of the forum
Due to the uncertainties caused by COVID-19 hindering physical gathering in the US, the ECOSOC Youth Forum will be held in virtually offering the possibility for a larger audience to be connected virtually from across the world and participate in its discussion sessions. Furthermore, the Forum will encompass opening and closing plenary sessions with representatives from youth organizations, high-level and keynote speakers.
The forum will create an opportunity for a deep exchange of views and ideas on groundbreaking solutions to issues of importance to young people on the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and also on the sustainable development goals under review in the Economic and Social Council and the High-level Political Forum in 2021.
2021 ECOSOC Youth Forum Theme is:
“Sustainable and resilient recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic, that promotes the economic, social and environmental dimensions of sustainable development: Building an inclusive and effective blueprint for the achievement of the 2030 Agenda in the context of the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development”
The 2021 ECOSOC Youth Forum will:
- Provide a space for young people, in the context of COVID-19, to engage in a dialogue with the Member States and other actors on solid actions to rebuild and recover better at the national, regional and global levels.
- Set out specific opportunities for young people to contribute to the intergovernmental assessment of the implementation of the 2030 Agenda and the SDGs at the HLPF, partnering with Governments, the UN system and civil society to assure implementation.
- Share experiences and explore solutions to support youth in overcoming the shattering impact of COVID-19 in their economic, social, health, and education’s lives as well as in strengthening their resilience to future shocks.
- Discuss and report on progress for the implementation of the UN Youth Strategy, Youth 2030: Working with and for Young People, and leverage the platform in support of encouraging and promoting the UN Youth Strategy, as well as rising coherence between Youth Forum and UN Youth Strategy.
- Commemorate the 10th Anniversary of the ECOSOC Youth Forum by recognizing its achievements, impact and vision for the decade of action and delivery for sustainable development.
- Participants in the ECOSOC Youth Forum will include the Member States, including Ministers and other high-level representatives, young people and official youth delegates, as well as representatives of regional and multilateral organizations.
- The Youth Forum will connect young people from broad and diverse backgrounds and countries from around the world.
- Youths will be representing formal and informal youth entities, organizations, and groups working at the grassroots, national, regional and international levels from all regions.
- Representatives of marginalized and vulnerable youth communities will be given a special focus.
How can you join this?
You can join the forum by registering online.
To read more details about the forum and its agenda, please refer to UN ECOSOC Youth Forum 2021.