Opportunity ID 112965
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 2 days
Language of Instruction English
Overview of the competition
The World Bank Group has launched the 2021 edition of its Youth Summit Competition for youths and is calling for submission of proposals for the summit. In 2021, the World Bank has chosen “recovery from COVID-19” as the topic of the summit and invites teams of young individuals to submit their solutions to the problems caused by COVID-19 for the people and planet.
Themes of the summit for 2021:
The competition looks for a project that supports:
A Resilient recovery for the People: Empowers people in combating the consequences of the pandemic and tackles increasing inequality in societies
A Resilient recovery for the Planet: Delivers sustainable solutions to support the halt of climate change.
Application closes: 31 March 2021 (11:59 PM EST)
Organizing Institution: World Bank Group
Mode of the summit: Virtual
Dates: June 9-10 2021
As a result of your participation in the competition, you will:
- Be coached by Youth Summit 2019 finalists and World Bank experts
- Interact with preeminent professionals and young social entrepreneurs across the world
- Take part and learn in events and workshops
- Seed-funding for project implementation
Who can participate?
- Individuals or teams of 1 to 5 individuals aged 18 to 35 can participate in the competition.
- Participants must be citizens of World Bank member countries.
- Applicants can be students, as well as those in the workforce or any other profession.
- Participation requires no prior experience in any particular field or topic.
- All you need is a commitment to implement the solution after the competition. Diverse team compositions are recommended, but not required.
How to apply?
You can prepare and submit your proposals to the competition online.
Submit your proposal HERE.
Application has three stages:
Stage 1 – Submit your Proposal by the deadline.
an expert committee will evaluate the submissions. Shortlisted individuals/ teams will be announced by late April and will move to the next stage.
Stage 2 – Refine your Idea & Prepare your Pitch (May 2021)
Shortlisted individuals/ teams will get feedback on their proposals and may be required to submit additional information, interview with the team, refine their proposals and/or submit short pitching videos.
Stage 3 – Pitch your idea at the virtual Youth Summit (June 2021)
The committee will select 5 finalists to present their proposals live at the virtual youth summit in June.
Important submission rules
- Proposals must be prepared by participants.
- The proposal language must be English.
- The proposal must relate to one of the subthemes above and be applicable to one of the World Bank member countries.
- It should be between 1000-2500 words all-inclusive and contain all sections.
- The proposal should be in pdf format and must be submitted before the deadline.
Read further information about the competition and its submission rules through the official link on the World Bank website.
Or, In case of questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.