Opportunity ID 40481
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study PHYSICAL GEOGRAPHY
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Applications are now open for the Walters Kundert Fellowship 2023 for Post-PhD Researchers. The Walters Kundert Fellowship offers annual awards to support field research in the fields of physical geography within the Arctic or/and high mountain environments, with priority for field studies that promote the knowledge of environmental change past or present.
The Walters Kundert Fellowship is supported through a generous funding by the Walters Kundert Charitable Trust. Moreover, the Fellowship was set up to inspire applicants from across the spectrum of geographical research to expand the understanding and well-being of the planet’s Arctic and high mountain environments through research. Additionally, the Walters Kundert Charitable Trust also supports postgraduate grants through the Royal Geographical Society-Institute of British Geographers (RGS-IBG) Postgraduate Research Awards.
Application deadline: 23 November 2022 (11:59)
Awarding institution: Royal Geographical Society (RGS)
Research areas: Physical Geography
- The Walters Kundert Fellowship delivers an annual grant of £10,000 to uphold post-doctoral field research within the Arctic or high mountain environments.
- There are a variety of advantages associated with becoming a Fellow or member of the Society, with a myraid of options available for individuals, schools, and organizations. Membership will help you to attend the UK’s largest program of famous geographical lectures in London and varying regions of England, Wales, and Northern Ireland.
- It also helps you network with others in your profession, apply for professional status as a Chartered Geographer, participate in any of the society’s 31 active research groups, and access the Society’s academic journals.
- Fellows and members can also benefit from expert advice on fieldwork and expeditions.
- It is open to post-doctoral researchers associated with a UK university or research institute, or
- Fellowship holders and members of the Society who are working outside the UK.
- Having a geography degree, working in a geography department, or defining yourself as a geographer is not compulsory. However, it is crucial that the project you are undertaking advances geographical knowledge.
How to apply?
To apply for this grant, please complete the RGS-IBG grants program application form and send this via email to the Society’s Grants Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
You may also be interested to apply for similar opportunities:
- Free Online Course on ”Agriculture, Economics & Nature” (Certificate Provided)
- [Fully Funded] Postdoctoral Networking Tour Fellowship in Artificial Intelligence (AI) – Germany
- First Year UG Scholarship at University of Canterbury New Zealand
- 2023 Korean Foundation (KF) Fellowship for Field Research in the Republic of Korea
- Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Program 2022/2023 for Masters Study in Japan