Opportunity ID 10615
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
UWC ISAK Japan’s Summer School applications are open to grade 10 students for the 2024-2025 school year. This three-year program aims to involve bright, curious, and motivated young students between 13 and 14 from different countries. Applicants with diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds can apply for this opportunity.
This amazing program allows school students to live and gather new experiences and knowledge in Japan. The program wants to graduate students with high levels of potential, leadership skills, and innovative minds. Furthermore, it will enable the students to learn about themselves and others, problem-solving skills, and more.
Students who want to be global-minded, wish to develop their confidence or are highly encouraged to apply to become a positive change-maker in their societies may apply now.
Application Deadline: 3 December 2023
Application Review: 6 December 2023 to 12 January 2024
Result Announcement: 17 February 2024
Interview Dates: the 27th of January to the 7th of February 2024
Regular Interview Result: 23 February 2024
Deadline of Enrollment Commitment: 1 March 2024
Program Start: August 2024
Level of Study: 10 Grade of School
Number of Participants: 40
Instruction language: English
Age Required: 13 – 14
Program Location: Japan
Tuition Fee: 4,226,000 JPY
Boarding Fee: 1,600,000 JPY
Facilities Fee: 330,000 JPY
Application Fee: 20,000 JPY
Financial Assistance and Funding
UWC ISAK Japan’s Summer School annually provides around 500 million JPY in Financial Assistance (FA). About 70% of its students receive assistance, including full scholarships. So, if you’re considering applying to UWC ISAK Japan but are worried about the cost, please read more about UWC ISAK Japan’s Financial Assistance options.
Note: This information is just for students applying to UWC ISAK Japan for our three-year program beginning in Grade 10. If you are applying to your UWC national committee for the 2-year program starting in Grade 11, please get in touch with your national committee for more information on scholarships and financial aid.
Eligibility for the UWC ISAK Japan’s Summer School
Following is a set of requirements that all grade 10 applicants should meet:
- At the time of application, you must have enrolled in the equivalent of UK Year 10, US Grade 9, or Japanese middle school Grade 3 and will have finished this grade by August 2024.
- You must have been born between 1 January 2008 and 31 December 2009.
- The program will not accept your 2024 Grade 10 admission application if you do not meet both conditions.
- You cannot apply for Grade 10 if you are in Grade 8 or younger or were born in or after 2009.
- Have good English skills (speaking and writing)
- Must be motivated
Please prepare and upload the following application documents:
- Profile photo/passport-style photograph
- A passport, identity card, or other formal document that confirms your birth date
- Academic transcripts for the current year and the last two years
- Supporting documents for Financial Assistance Request Form (Optional)
How to Apply for the UWC ISAK Japan’s Summer School?
Please follow these application instructions:
- Step 1: Create an account for our online application system (SurveyMonkey)
- Step 2: Submit the registration form
- Step 3: If the system confirms your eligibility, you should get a link through email to access the full online application form.
- Step 4: Fill out the Summar Program’s application form by completing all the sections and submitting two videos of yourself (maximum 90 seconds)
- Step 5: Provide the details of your references
- Step 6: Upload all required documents
- Step 7: Pay the non-refundable application fee and submit your application
Please visit the UWC official website for detailed information about 2024-25 UWC ISAK Japan’s Summer School.
Check More Opportunities: