Opportunity ID 210088
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the University of Science and Technology-UST Admission to master’s and Ph.D. programs for fall 2023. UST in South Korea is seeking applications from the most determined and creative prospective scientists to pursue their studies in a program built upon UST’s educational philosophy. Applicants should submit their applications as per the timeline and guidelines.
UST helps researchers with self-directed learning to identify and solve problems on-site while conducting research. Student researchers will learn practical skills rather than passively receive theory-centered education delivered in a traditional mode.
About the UST
Founded in 2003 by the Ministry of Science, ICT, and Future Planning, the University of Science and Technology (UST) is a group of South Korean public universities and research institutions. These institutions’ offices are in Ansan, Suwon, Seoul, Changwon, Seongnam, and Daejeon.
UST is Korea’s graduate school focusing and specializing in science, engineering, and research. The UST runs only a graduate school, by creating a new driving force for growth would play a significant role in leading national growth in the new century.
The South Korean government established the UST to produce professionals in combined technologies. UST is today continuing to develop itself into a major research university.
Application Status: Open
Application Deadline: 15 May 2023 (17:00 KST)
Supplemental Document Submission: 23 to 25 May 2023
First Selection Successful Applicants Result: 8 June 2023 (17:00 KST)
In-depth Interview: 14 to 20 June 2023
Final Successful Applicants Result: 30 June 2023 (17:00 KST)
Admission Registration Notifications: Sent individually
Cancellation of Admission Registration Notifications: Sent individually
Registration for Wait-listed Candidates Notification: Sent individually
Host University: University of Science and Technology (UST)
Levels of Study: Master and Doctoral (Ph.D.)
Location: South Korea
Eligible Counties: All
Funding Aid: Available
Benefits of UST Admission
The University of Science and Technology (UST) enrolled students will benefit from financial support to ensure their studies and research environments:
- Monetary support for Doctoral Course: KRW 1,600,000
- Financial support for Master Course: KRW 1,200,000
- Airfly ticket, living expenses, and traveler insurance for 90 days for Overseas Training Program to reinforce students’ research abilities and skills and create an international research network by supporting excellent international universities and research institutes,
- Airplane ticket, living expenses, travel insurance, and conference registration fee for 15 days International Presentation Support Program to support students with an awareness of the latest science and technology trends through funding research exchanges,
- Excellent Research Paper Advisor Awards prize money and certificate to the advisor of the student who has received the UST Research Paper Award,
- Professorship Award certificate and medal to the excellent graduates’ advisors who have achieved significant research results while enrolled in UST (such as publications and patents),
- UST Research Paper Guidance Award certificate and award medal to an advisor professor of a student with excellent research results every year.
- Excellent Lecturer Award certificate and award medal to professors who provided excellent lectures every semester
To be eligible for UST Admission, prospective applicants should meet the following requirements:
- Both applicants and parents should be non-Korean citizens.
- Applicants should hold an appropriate bachelor’s degree from a recognized university for MSc programs.
- For Ph.D. programs, applicants should hold a relevant master’s degree from a reputable university.
- The international score of TOEFL iBT 79, PBT 59, IELTS 6, and New TEPS 277 for general students passed the test on 25 May 2021 and 25 May 2023.
- The international score of TOEFL iBT 20, PBT 20, IELTS 3, and New TEPS 166 for Hearing disabled students passed the test on 25 May 2021 and 25 May 2023.
- TOEIC, TOEFL-ITP, TOEIC Institutional Program, and Duolingo tests are unacceptable.
- The following applicants do not need to submit English Test scores:
- UST graduates and prospective graduates.
- First-year students and those who have received or will receive a degree from a university or graduate school in the U.K., U.S., Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, or South Africa
Required Documents for UST Admission
Applicants should include the following required documents in their UST Admission application package:
- Proposal for Study
- Bachelor’s Degree or Certificate of Expected Graduation
- Transcript of Bachelor’s Program
- Master’s Degree or Certificate of Expected Graduation for Ph.D.
- Transcript of Master’s Program for Ph.D.
- Master’s Degree Thesis for Ph.D.
- Official English Test Score
- Certification of Previous Employment
- Other Documents Proving Applicant’s Excellence
- Non-Korean Citizen
- Recommendation letter minimum of one and a maximum of two pages downloadable from the UST admissions website (Notice → Forms)
How to Apply for the UST Admission?
Application procedures for the programs are entirely online. Applicants should read the application requirements and instructions before applying. Please follow these steps to apply:
- Access the UST admissions system
- Create an account in the system
- Apply for admission by filling out the survey and personal medical self-assessment, application form completion, document submission, and application fee payment of USD 30 or KRW 35,000 via credit card.
- Complete the application by ensuring the applicant correctly entered and uploaded all information and files.
- Print or download the admission applications after the application process completes.
Application Evaluation Stages
Generally, there are two stages after application submission at UST: Document Screening and In-depth Interviews.
Document Screening Stage:
- Evaluation Criteria: In this step, applicants will pass the growth potential, research capacity, the relevance of their work experience, research achievements, and foreign language proficiency.
- Method of Evaluation: The evaluation committee will review application documents for each major for each school to determine the degree to which they have the qualities UST desires.
- Evaluation Criteria: This step will include the ability of the applicants to conduct research in the selected major, enthusiasm for their studies and research, successful presentations and experiments completion, major-related knowledge, growth potential, including applicants’ statement of purpose evaluations, research proposal, post-graduation career plan, and personal character and aptitude.
- Method of Evaluation: Applicants will receive individual notifications for their interview method, venue, and other information. Evaluation committees for each school’s major will review and evaluate candidates’ capability as per the UST’s desired applicant qualities and evaluation criteria.
Check More Opportunities: