Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 5 Days
Language of Instruction English
Application is now open for the UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum (WHYPF) 2021. The forum is among the flagship activities of the UNESCO World Heritage Education Program that brings together young professionals and heritage experts from around the world to bolster intercultural dialogue and learning. Therefore, if you are someone who finds this forum relevant and of interest, you could apply.
The theme of the 2021 WHYPF is “World Heritage and Sustainable Livelihoods”.
Details of the forum
Application deadline: 2 June 2021, 23:59 Beijing Time (CET+ 6)
Notification of results to successful applicants: 18th June 2021
Organizers: National Commission of People’s Republic of China for UNESCO and UNESCO World Heritage Education Program
Forum dates: 5th to 9th July 2021
What does the forum include?
It will showcase the significance of heritage for communities and livelihoods, and discover its huge potential to contribute towards social, economic, and environmental goals, ensuring sustainable livelihoods across different dimensions.
- Attendants will acquire exhaustive knowledge of the processes and working practices of the 1972 World Heritage Convention Concerning the Protection of the World Cultural and Natural Heritage.
- The session will include the presence of local and international experts, a variety of presentations, roundtables, virtual tours etc. that could significantly benefit participants.
In addition, the forum will explore the subthemes of :
World Heritage: People and Governance; Tourism and Community Development; and Community Empowerment through Innovation
To be eligible for participation, applicants should fulfill the following conditions:
- Be between 23 and 32 years old;
- Be available for the whole duration of the Forum;
- Possess proficiency in English, as the Forum will be run entirely in English.
- Have experience in the area of World Heritage; working on preservation and promotion of heritage in their regular activities, along with other young individuals;
- Be motivated and commit to implementing the outcomes of the Forum in their respective countries.
Next to the general eligibility, the following elements will also be taken into account in selecting the participants:
- Equitable geographical representation;
- Gender equality;
- Diversity of professional backgrounds;
- Ability to convey acquired experience in the country or institution from which participants are applying.
- Understanding of and experience in sustainable livelihood practices for World Heritage sites.
How to apply?
All interested applicants should apply to the WHYPF 2021 online by filling in and submitting the application form in English at the link below.
Visit the OFFICIAL LINK for further information about the forum and the motive behind its conduction.
visit the website of Scholarship for Afghanistan for a score of other amazing opportunities.