Opportunity ID 8756
Are you keen on doing research and looking for a funded opportunity? Don’t miss the fellowship opportunity offered by UNESCO. UNESCO has organized “UNESCO/Japan young researchers’ fellowship program” supported by Japan government fully to motivate researchers from 140 invited member countries of UNESCO and encourage inventive postgraduate research to build specific areas of interest to UNESCO.
Japan announces the limited opportunity for all interested candidates around the globe annually. The fellowship covers all expenses, therefore, all developing countries are warmly welcomed. It aims to contribute in post-graduate research and help developing countries in all ways of education.
UNESCO/Keizo Obuchi Research Fellowships Programme specifically work to build research activities in the below categories
- Environment (DRR)
- Intercultural Dialogue
- Information and Communication Technologies
- Peaceful Conflict Resolution
Deadline: Nov.29, 2019
Commencing date: June 2020
Termination date: Feb.2022
Duration: 3 to 9 months
Number of awards: 10
Benefit: A funded award
- An amount up to US10,000
- Covers only research cost
- Letter of award
Who is able to apply?
- The applicant who holds MA, MSc, and wants to build more interest in four specific areas mentioned above.
- A qualified applicant, who is returning back to his/her home country and have contribution commitment.
- Candidates must be younger than 40 years of age
- Candidates must do research under the advice of an academic supervisor to provide acceptance
- Special priority for women, candidates from least developed countries, African Researchers and those who want to follow their research in Japan
- Candidates must know the language of the county they the research
Related: Read about The Digital Earth Fellowship for Asian and African Artists
How to apply?
- The applicant is required to fill the application form and provide the documents completely, attach two recent Photographs
- Proof of previous education (transcript of grades and master’s degree)
- A recommendation letter from the head of your job
- Letter of acceptance from the host institute that shows the candidate is selected for the fellowship
- Certificate of language proficiency issued by official authority either English or French
- An essay on a research proposal
- Two recent photographs
- Diploma and transcript of degree
- Recommendation letter from some familiarity with the candidate’s work.
- Letter of acceptance from host institutes
- Language proficiency proof
- Research proposal with the following details:
- How much?
You should read full requirements and eligibility on the official website of UNESCO linked below when you are qualified, you need to contact the National Commission for UNESCO in your country for a national application procedure and contact the host institution for a research supervisor. Prepare and complete your application before its submission to National Commission for UNESCO.
After all, the National Commission for UNESCO of your country will nominate the eligible and most qualified candidates before November 29, 2019. Finally, you will be informed if you are nominated by a national commission to submit a copy of your application to submission emails below.
Note: computer facilities, publications, and meeting in conferences are not part of scholarship grant but a good consideration is given to best research proposal, and best contribution in four mentioned categories. Candidates will be selected after deep consideration on their background of knowledge then the best applicants will be awarded a letter which a way to enter this scholarship.
For more details please visit the UNESCO website.