Opportunity ID 2708
Application deadline: July 2, 2018 Result notification: November 2018
Organization: American College of Surgeons
Congress Starts: October 27-31, 2019
Are a surgeon working in your local community? Are you willing to be granted a travel from a surgeon college to participate in the academic activities? If yes, you can apply to Travel award of American College of Surgeons (ACS)
International surgeons will be provided the opportunity to travel to the United States and participate in the ACS yearly Clinical Congress academic activities. The awards of $4,000 each will be granted to eligible surgeons with the hope that they will contribute in supporting access to high quality surgery care in their local clinics and hospitals, or countries with a poor resourced surgery departments. In 2019, San Francisco, CA, will host the Clinical Congress which starts at 27 October and lasts to 31 October.
$4000 award plus the following benefits:
- Free registration to the annual Clinical Congress
- Admission to one postgraduate course held during the Clinical Congress.
- Housing in an economical hotel in San Francisco, CA.
- Graduated from schools of medicine and completed their surgical training.
- Must be between 30 to 50 years old
- Have a minimum of one year surgical practice, teaching, or research experience at their permanent residence, after completion of all their formal training or fellowships
- Demonstrate commitment to teaching surgery and accessibility to high quality surgery care in their community.
- Applicants who have not already been on surgical fellowships or training in the U.S. or Canada, will be given priority.
- Completed application form provided by the College
- Three Recommendation Letters from their colleagues. One letter must be written by the head of the department in which they work or from an ACS Fellow living in their country.
To apply, eligible candidates must apply online and complete the application form with other necessary document online before the deadline. All documents must be in English.