Opportunity ID 6361
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
No. of Opportunity 90
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Do you serve as the organization’s leader and advocate for a society that is more inclusive, just, and peaceful? For civil society leaders in Eastern Europe, South Asia, or the MENA area who are interested in learning about cutting-edge tools and fresh ways of collaboration, SI Leader Lab is a leadership program. If you wish to improve as a leader, expand the advocacy work of your organization, and share knowledge with a network of motivating peers, submit an application to SI Leader Lab.
- Organized by: Swedish Institute (SI)
- Application opening date: November 1, 2022
- Number of young leaders: 90 (30 from South Asia, 30 from Middle East and North Africa, 30 from Eastern Europe)
- Deadline: November 30, 2022, 23:59:59 CET (Afghanistan Time: 01-12-2022 03:30:00 AM)
- Admission: January 16, 2023
- Location: Online & onsite (Stockholm, Sweden)
The purpose of SI Leader Lab is to increase civil society organizations’ ability for effective advocacy work for Sustainable Development Goal 16. (promoting just, peaceful and inclusive societies). The program gathers significant civil society leaders who are receptive to cutting-edge approaches and new technological advancements. The network offers the participants extensive feedback from numerous areas in the subject and is made up of peers from across several sub-sectors in civil society.
- Selection: December 16 – 21, 2022
- Acceptance Notification: 16 January 2023
- Online workshops & coaching: Mid-February – April 2023
- Onsite sessions in Stockholm, Sweden (3 regions, 90+ participants): 2 – 10 May 2023 (incl. travel days)
- Program wrap up, online: Early June 2023
Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Ukraine, or Yemen
- Flights to & from Stockholm, Sweden.
- Meals & accommodation in Sweden.
- Insurance during the program in Sweden.
- All training material online & onsite
The SI leader lab provides the opportunity of:
- Personal leadership insights: How to lead others and yourself via improved self-awareness and comprehension of group dynamics.
- A greater ability for team leaders and managers in your organization.
- A greater ability for your organization to drive and carry out successful advocacy activity.
- The opportunity to inspire one another and exchange experiences on shared difficulties while exchanging knowledge and building expertise in a network of experts.
Who can apply?
Applicants who meet the following requirements can apply:
- Hold a position of leadership within a network or organization of civil society aiming to achieve Sustainable Development Goal 16 of the 2030 Agenda. For instance, this may be a group dedicated to promoting equality and inclusion, openness and anti-corruption, accountability, access to free information, and the credibility of the media.
- Work with a group where they are the leader (formal or informal).
- Possess a minimum age of 25 and a maximum age of 45 (born 1977 to 1998).
- Possess solid communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Possess nationality from Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Bangladesh, Belarus, Egypt, Georgia, India, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Moldova, Morocco, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Sri Lanka, Syria, Tunisia, Ukraine, or Yemen.
- Be available to take part in all activities throughout the program.
- Be prepared to use the skills, information, and tools you learn from the program in your team and organization.
How to apply?
- To participate in this program, the applicant must fill the online application on the Application Portal. Follow the below steps to complete the submission of your application.
- Register on the Application Portal.
- Provide answers to all the questions on the Application Portal.
- Upload your CV.
After the submission of the application, you will receive a confirmation email and an email with a link to record a short video. According to the instructions of the email, you must record a video within 24 hours after receiving the email. It takes no more than ten minutes to record the video. You have to answer two questions each in two minutes. Consider that this is mandatory to record video.
For more details about Swedish Institute Leader Lab Program For Young Civil Society Leaders, please visit the Swedish Institute website.