Opportunity ID 14645
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 8 weeks
Language of Instruction English
Do you looking for an online course to develop your skills in finance, investments, banking, or insurance?
This course allocated for students with different backgrounds, with school diplomas or higher degrees. No matter you have or not excel, skill, or other spreadsheet backgrounds to join the course. This course provides a test for applicants with strong mathematical experience to develop their skills more and a massive amount about actuarial science. The course focus is on finance, investments, banking, and insurance.
About the university:
The Australian National University (ANU) is working through providing intensive research, education, and policy management for students who are good in their fields. The university offers opportunities for improvement for Australia and the world. Australian National University MOOCs browse free online courses on different topics for international and interested students.
- Duration: 8 weeks (2 to 4 hours weekly)
- Host institute: Australian National University (ANU)
- Field: Data Analysis and Statistics
- Level of study: Introductory
- Instruction language: English
- Course provider: edX
- Video transcript: English
- Course Start Date: Available Now
- Course Type: Free but with limited access
- Certificate cost: $49 USD
- Free access to this course will expire on: December 26, 2022
- Course instructors: Adam Butt
What will applicants learn?
- Will learn the primary steps of actuarial science
- Cash flows valuing series
- Adding uncertainty into cash flows due to investment and mortality.
- Uncertain cash flows Monte-Carlo simulation in Excel.
- Learning actuarial techniques and apply them to insurance life predicting human life expectancy.
- Learning how to use actuarial science in finance, investments, banking, and insurance.
- First-class: cash flows value; in the first week/lesson, the lecture focus is on the time value of money, present, accumulate, and multiple regular payments value.
- Second class: cash flows value of applications; in this lecture, the lesson focus is on the value equations, for example –Annuity certain and use in spreadsheets.
- Third class: in this class, the lecture focus will be on the state transitions analysis, including introduction, two-state model, probabilities calculation by using the models.
- Fourth class: in the fourth week, the lecture focus will be on the life table, including introduction and probabilities calculation, by using the life table.
- Fifth class: this week, the lecture focus will be on the uncertain cash flows value such as present value and accumulated and uncertainty.
- Sixth class: in this class, the lesson focus will be the life insurance company 1 model, including life insurance company scenario, single projection, simulations, and analyzing the simulation output.
- Seventh class: in the last lecture will cover the life insurance company, two models, including reserves, adjustments to reserves, and additional scenarios.
How to apply?
Interested applicants can join online
For more information about Actuarial Science free online course by Australian National University, please visit edX’s website.