Opportunity ID 10322
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
The ninth edition of the “Shining a Light” International Photography Contest and Exhibition will take place at the Mohammad Ali Center in Louisville, Kentucky. This year, the Ali Center is encouraging participants to send in photos that show the distinctive effects that imprisonment has on women prisoners.
The Muhammad Ali Center will create a documentary-style show following the contest period, which will be displayed starting on March 8, 2023.
- Organized by: Mohammad Ali Center
- Deadline: 31 December 2022
- Exhibition Date: 8 March 2023 (International Women’s Day) – 8 January 2024
- Contest Theme: “Shining a Light: Women and Prison”
- Location: Louisville, USA
Photographers, both amateur and professional, are asked to submit images that highlight these local and worldwide injustices, particularly those that are unique to male prisoners. The competition will accept images that show:
- Differences in how women of different ethnicities, economic circumstances, sexual orientations, and mental health disorders are treated and how often they are locked up.
- Challenges that prison-bound women deal with relate to parenting (including pregnancies, abortions, deliveries, and postpartum), getting access to necessary medications and birth control, menstruation, general hygiene, and privacy.
- How women’s families, communities, and dependents suffer while they are imprisoned
- Campaigns for criminal justice and prison reform
- Difficulties of life after prison.
- First winner: $ 1000
- The second winner: $ 750
- The third winner: $ 500
- Press Release
- Social Media
Eligibility & Application Guidelines:
- You will not be qualified to win any prizes from this competition if you reside in any of the nations included on the most recent U.S. Department of the Treasury Office of Foreign Assets Control, Sanctions Programs, and Country Information list.
- Amateur and professional photographers can apply
- Those applicants who are under 18 years, they must submit the parental consent form
- The submissions must be original
- Applicants must obtain the third party’s permissions that appear in the photography.
- The photo submissions must be high resolution in JPEG format in 3 MB size with a resolution of not less than 1200 x 1600
- Brief description about the submission photo about 250 words
How to apply?
Fill and submit your photo in the online application form
If you have any question, you can contact to email@example.com
For more information, please visit the Muhammad Ali Center website.
- Harvard University Free Online Course on Entrepreneurship in Emerging Economies
- Free Online TOEFL Test Preparation Course
- UN Global Compact SDG Innovation Accelerator for Young Professionals 2023
- Mahindra Humanities Center Postdoctoral Fellowship at Harvard University in USA
- Free Online Course on ‘Sustainable Cities’ by SDG Academy