Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Industry And Engineering
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration One Year
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 95994
Applications are now for the Royal Academy of Engineering Industrial Fellowships for 2021-2022 in the UK. These fellowships are awarded to mid-career engineers and industrialists to enable them to undertake collaborative researches either in an industrial or academic environment, develop personal ties or boost knowledge transfer in engineering with academia. Therefore, if you are an engineer or working in the industry sector, it is a perfect opportunity to apply.
Application deadline: 8 March 2021 (4:00 pm)
Host institution: Royal Academy of Engineering
Duration: One year
- The fellowship provides a grant of 50,000 pounds to cover the basic salary costs of fellows except for overheads. The amount is paid pro-rata as per the time to be spent in the institution.
- Grant amount may rise to 100,000 in case the duration of the work continues beyond one year.
- Applicants of any nationality can apply.
- Applicants with both new and available partnerships qualify to apply.
- The program is open to engineers from all disciplines.
- SME and medium-sized industrial organizations are particularly welcome to apply.
- Industrial Fellows can be hosted by an academic or an industrial institution and should be partnered with an industrial or academic partner accordingly. Applicants are responsible to make these arrangements themselves.
- The application must clearly elaborate on the mutual benefit of the fellowship and the cooperative project to both organizations.
- Industry to academia fellowship option is now available.
Specific criteria for academia-to-industry fellowships:
- Applicants should have a permanent academic teaching or research contract at a UK university
- Candidates should be mid-career academics (lecturer – reader or equivalent).
- Applicants should currently be teaching engineering at undergraduate or postgraduate level at a UK University
- Applicants must possess at least two years of teaching experience, as a permanent lecturer.
- The industrial host should have a substantial presence in the UK
- International fellowships are acceptable (where a UK-based candidate will take a secondment overseas at an industrial organization that has a massive presence in the UK (it is considered on a case-by-case basis).
- The industry host’s size shall be such so that it can demonstrate that it will provide the recipient with an appropriate working situation
A Selection Panel consisting of Fellows of the Academy and co-opted experts will review and assess applications. They will take into account a number of factors, including:
For “industry to academia fellowship” applications the reviews are based on the following criteria:
- Research achievement of the candidate
- Track record of industrial organization
- Quality of the proposed collaborative research project
- Prospective research impact
- The strategic benefits and sustainability
- Exploitation of results
You may like other opportunities too:
- Call for Applications: International Court of Justice (ICJ) Judicial Fellowship 2021-2022
- ‘Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program’ for Early & Mid-Career Researchers (Funded)
- USAID Center on Children in Adversity (CECA) Care Leaders Council Fellowship
- Call for Submissions: Heritage Minutes _ Short Video Contest by Islamic Cooperation Youth Forum
How to apply?
All applicants must submit their applications online through the academy’s grant management system.
Applicants are advised to read the applicant’s guidance notes (available on the main page) before applying.
Any incomplete applications or those that do not adhere to the guidelines may be refused.
To read more details about the scheme and also applicant and reviewer guidance notes, please refer to the official link.