Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Entrepreneurship
Opportunity Type : Partially FundedSelf Funded
Duration 2 Weeks
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 47423
This course is developed by the Queensland University of Technology, which will help you find out how to effectively teach entrepreneurial thinking and why it is important.
Today, we live in an ambiguous and complex world, where the big problems of today and tomorrow are yet to unfold. Therefore, teaching young people the skills and resilience to live and prosper in such a world is the goal of entrepreneurial thinking.
Given its importance, this course will introduce you to what entrepreneurial thinking is, and why it’s an important skill for young people to gain. Besides, you’ll understand the different types of entrepreneurship, and identify the approaches that best suit your teaching context. Finally, you’ll discover how to craft a plan for teaching entrepreneurial thinking effectively.
- Course developer: Queensland University of Technology (QUT)
- Instruction language: English
- Course provider: Future Learn
- Course type: Online and self-paced
- Subject: Business and Management
- Price: Free with limited access, Monthly Subscriptions: $27.99 per month, buy this course: $54 one-off payment
- Duration: 2 weeks (1 hour per week study)
- Start date: Available now
- Course access expires on 18 Aug 2022
1. Dr. James Davis
James is the Entrepreneurship Leader a the Faculty of Education at QUT, with a career ranging across commerce, science, and education.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss why entrepreneurial thinking is a central skill for students to learn
- Understand the type of entrepreneurial thinking that best fits your teaching context and learner cohort
- Prepare a plan for teaching entrepreneurial thinking.
Who can enroll?
This course is developed for teachers and educational leaders who want to foster their teaching practice. Also, it may be of interest to anyone seeking to support students in learning entrepreneurial thinking.
This course connects with the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST) for Australian educators:
- 1.1, 1.2
- 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4
What topics will it cover?
- What exactly is entrepreneurial thought?
- What role does entrepreneurial thinking play in the Australian Curriculum, and why should it be taught?
- What are the many sorts of entrepreneurship?
- How could you use entrepreneurial thinking in your classroom?
- 100% online
- Access to this course for 2 weeks
How to apply?
You can apply for this course by completing a registration in the given link.
To learn more about Queensland University of Technology Free Online Course on ‘Teaching Entrepreneurial Thinking, please refer to FutureLearn’s website.
You may also be eligible for these opportunities:
- Earth Company’s “Impact Hero 2023” Program for Change-makers from Asia-Pacific Countries
- Japan MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarship at Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University
- MEXT Top Global University Scholarships at Asia Pacific University
- 2023 Meta Research PhD Fellowship ($42,000 Stipend available)
- Free Online Course on ‘Preparing for A Career in Teaching’ by Manchester Metropolitan University