Opportunity ID 148137
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Duration 12 months
Language of Instruction English
The global youth division of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) –SDSN Youth has initiated the SDG Student Program to bring together and engage youth in education from around the world in efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda & sustainable development goals (SDGs). Moreover, the program aims to equip the youth with knowledge, skills, and pathways to take meaningful action on SDGs.
In line with this goal, it is looking for candidates to join its global team. So, if you are passionate for working with a diverse network of young people and passionate about SDGs, apply for this opportunity.
Details of the job
Post Title: Project Officer in Design/Deputy Project lead with Global Communications Team
Organizing body: UN SDSN Youth
Type of work: Voluntary
Time commitment: 8 hours/week totally
Duration: 12 months in total, with two months probationary period at the start. It is extendable on a 12-month basis subject to performance review.
About the Global Communications Team
The Communications Team aims to feature and celebrate the impact of SDSN Youth and introduces and/or connects educational resources/opportunities to its online followers.
With more than 30 teams in the network, the incumbent will have to deal with several launches, campaigns, and initiatives simultaneously. So, it is in search of someone to support its design and content development efforts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Creating and designing different materials for digital and print collateral
- Providing innovative direction in the form of brand guidelines, templates, etc.
- Administering and executing multiple design projects/tasks
The position holder will report to the Project Lead of the Global Communications Team bearing in mind that reporting and communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is crucial in a virtual network.
All Deputy Project Lead has to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
Job Qualifications (desired)
The position holder is someone:
- Is doing/ have obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts, Communications or relevant fields.
- Has an understanding of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and other graphic design software.
- Has experience of and is familiar with graphic design and layout for print and web.
- Possess excellent attention to detail.
- Has experience in graphic design.
- Enjoys some professional or volunteer teamwork experience.
- Is a strong team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Is responsive and has the ability to administer regular communication with the team – including after-hours conference calls, as the network covers 10 different time zones.
- Is between 18-30 years old in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
The candidate has:
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- A collection of work over a broad range of groundbreaking projects.
- An interest in sustainable development and is keen on the mission of the SDSN, including the path to the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Is able to indicate that they have the time and resources to take on this role.
How to apply?
Interested applicants can apply online using the link below.
For further details about the post and activities of SDSN Youth, please visit the website of UN SDSN.