Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Duration 6 Months
Language of Instruction English
The global youth division of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) –SDSN Youth has launched the SDG Student Program to engage youth in education from around the world in efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda & sustainable development goals (SDGs). Also, the program aims to empower the youth with knowledge, skills and pathways to action to create change in the world. In line with this goal, it is looking for candidates to join its global team. So, if you are passionate for working with outstanding youth worldwide, join this opportunity.
Details of the job
Post Title: Project Officer (Communication and Social Media)
Organizer: UN SDSN Youth
Type of work: Voluntary
Time commitment: 10 hours/week (max.)
Duration: 6 months in total, with two months probationary period. It is extendable to another 6 months according to performance evaluation.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare content for the Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts (2 posts/week).
- Develop graphics for Facebook, Twitter, and other social media posts.
- Assist with the design of presentation and content for the Solutions website and the Solutions Hub.
- Oversee engagement.
The role holder will report to the Project Leader of Solutions Initiatives noting that communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is crucial in a virtual network.
Who can apply?
- SDSN Youth is seeking someone who can work independently and has research and developing meaningful social media content and graphics skills.
- It accepts those who are confident in their knowledge and skills and possess creativity.
- Students are encouraged to apply.
- Experience in copywriting and content writing.
- Familiar with startup ecosystems, social innovation, and acceleration/incubation.
- Have an understanding of the SDGs.
- The candidate must be responsive and capable of managing regular communication with the team – including after-hours conference calls, as the network spreads across 10 different time zones.
- Knowledge of Squarespace or Webflow.
- Exceptional proficiency in the English language, including writing, speaking, and listening.
- Able to demonstrate to have enough time and resources to commit to this role –
- Be organized, driven, and can work independently.
- Detail-oriented individual.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply online using the link below.
For more details, please visit the website of UN SDSN.