Opportunity ID 12602
Overview of the Program:
Copenhagen Business School (CBS) accepts applications for a number of vacant PhD scholarships relating to a Manufacturing of Denmark (NADE) research and development project at the Strategy and Innovation (SI) Department. The general theme of the scholarship shall be on sustainability and, especially, on how to construct a sustainable manufacturing business model and optimize the value chain design for optimal sustainability. Furthermore, the PhD projects would be carried out in cooperation with the main Danish corporations – such as Novo Nordisk, LEGO, Coloplast, etc.
The 3-year PhD program at CBS allows the students to do research under the observation of CBS professors, supported by research training courses. The scholarship program is highly international and the students are required to partake in international research conferences and also travel abroad as a visiting PhD student on the one hand and to actively participate in the Department’s research-training programs on the other hand. The research work is mainly on innovation, entrepreneurship, econometrics and publishing courses.
Application deadline: 17 May 2020
Expected starting date: mid-august 2020
The scholarships are awarded in the following areas:
- Sustainability studies, and
- Value chain design
Further conditions of the scholarship
The 3-year scholarships are fully salaried positions, according to the national Danish collective agreement. So, appointment and the salary level will be specified by the Danish Ministry of Finance’s collective agreement and the Central Academic Organization.
Benefits It covers:
- Tuition fees
- Office space expense
- Travel allowance + salary based on applicants’ seniority and pension contribution amounting to 17,1% of the total base salary in the country’s currency or its equivalent
Students with below requirements are given priority by the department:
- Having an educational background in social sciences;
- Having top grades from their universities;
- Having basic training at the master’s level;
- Current master students holding one-year master degree will also be eligible for enrollment but in the 4-year program being considered a Ph.D. holder after the two first years; and
- Applicants must be fluent in English;
Copenhagen Business School must receive all application materials, including all attachments (as listed above), by the application deadline.
The application package must consist of the followings;
- A 5-page project description/ research proposal containing necessary components of an academic such as questions, methodology, theoretical framework, etc. and time-framed work plan;
- Copies of master’s degree diploma or other corresponding documents;
- A succinct curriculum vitae;
- List of applicant’s scholarly papers or/and publications published;
- If relevant, a copy of the written work of the applicant (e.g. Master’s thesis);
Please find guidelines and more information on scholarships and the Doctoral Programmes at
- A Recruitment Committee will evaluate the shortlisting process of applicants and will notify the applicants of their status shortly after the application deadline.
- Applicants chosen for assessment by the evaluation committee will be notified of their assessment result in the process and similarly notified of their final application result once the selection process is completed.
Note: The applications must be submitted electronically using the electronic system linked below.
Visit available PhD opportunities in Denmark: