Opportunity ID 147937
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Duration 12 months
Language of Instruction English
The global youth division of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) –SDSN Youth_ has designed the SDG Student Program to bring together youth in education from around the world in efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda & sustainable development goals (SDGs). Also, the program aims to empower the youth with knowledge, skills, and pathways to take meaningful action on SDGs. In line with this goal, it is looking for candidates to join its global team. So, if you are passionate for working with an outstandingly diverse network of youth worldwide, grab this opportunity.
Details of the job
Post Title: Project Officer (Operations)
Location: Remote and non-remote with some national and international travel required
Type of work: Voluntary
Time commitment: 8-10 hours/week (max.)
Duration: 12 months in total, with two months probationary period. It is extendable to another 12 months, subject to performance review.
The Networks team renders the support, structures and run processes that allow SDSN Youth Regional/ National Networks to run more effectively, and achieve their team goals.
The Operations Project Officer is in charge of the administration of SDSN’s online platforms and databases.
Duties and responsibilities
General Administration & Upkeep
- Maintain and answer queries directed to the Networks team email.
- Manage the administration of online platforms including GDrive, Airtable, Notion, etc.
- Take a minute of and disseminate the minutes of relevant internal team/ external stakeholder meetings
- Ensure that databases and mailing lists are maintained up-to-date.
- Administer the SDSN Youth shared services accounts i.e. zoom, Typeform, etc.
- Support Networks assessment of all current Network Coordinators
- Assist with the SDG Coordinator applications and screening
- Arranging conference calls and sending regular reminders to ensure high attendance and effective outcomes.
- Serving as the Networks Team’s liaison to the Strategy & Operations Team
All Project Officers in the Networks Team may be requested throughout the year to assist with the following duties:
- Launching of new Youth Networks
- Assisting in partnership discussions with relevant external stakeholders
- Supporting Network Coordinators and activities pertinent to Networks Program
The position holder will report to the Project Leader and Deputy Project Leader (Administration) of the SDG Students Program noting that communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is crucial in a virtual network.
The incumbent works:
- Project Lead (Networks)
- Regional Focal Points
- Network Coordinators
- Network Managers
All Project Officers have to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
Who can apply?
- SDSN Youth is seeking someone who has remarkable organizational skills, possess problem-solving skills and feels at ease managing spreadsheet and data overall.
The position holder is someone:
- Possesses excellent written and organizational skills, driven and can work independently
- Understands the importance of background work in order to deliver the best results
- Outperforms in both high-level and detailed planning.
- Enjoys problem-solving skills, and works well with people.
The incumbent MUST:
- Have some experience working with different management software, such as Google Suite, Excel, etc, and be able to adjust with new tools, including Notion, Podio, Breezy, etc.
- Enjoy a firm interest in sustainable development, be keen for the mission of the SDSN, including the pursuit of the Sustainable Development Goals and the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Possess an excellent command of the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Indicate that they have the time and resources to commit to this role.
- Be aged between 18-30 years old in order to be eligible for this role (exceptions may apply).
- Possesses some professional or volunteer work experience with project management.
- Be a proven team player with brilliant interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in management, business, operations, sustainability, political science, international relations, or a related field is an advantage.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply online using the link below.
For more details, please visit the website of UN SDSN.