Opportunity ID 219181
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
No. of Opportunity 5
Fields of study Various Fields
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 1 Year
Language of Instruction English
Applications are open for the New Voice Fellowship Advanced Advocacy Program (AAP) for Global Leaders. An innovative follow-up to the New Voices Fellowship, the Advanced Advocacy Program (AAP) is supporting emerging leaders who have completed the New Voices Fellowship curriculum. This program aims to prepare the upcoming generation of global sector leaders to address pressing global issues and promote transformative change.
The fellowship intends to build on the achievements of the five Senior Fellows and enable them to pursue more strategic advocacy initiatives in areas like health, education, and economic empowerment by giving them more assistance and resources. They will be able to significantly impact a global level by using their skills to advance focused advocacy projects.
Five Senior Fellows will receive individualized support through the Advanced Advocacy Program 2023 to accomplish certain advocacy objectives. Catalytic funding, individualized coaching, advocacy guidance, funder introductions, and travel assistance will all be a part of it.
Candidates should have a specific advocacy objective and invest more time and effort to maximize their effect.
Application Deadline: 25 September 2023
Final Fellows Announced: 31 October 2023
AAP Duration: November 2023 – October 2024 (One-Year)
Number of Fellows: 5
Organizer: Aspen Global Innovators Group
Location: Washington DC, USA
Benefits of the Advanced Advocacy Program (AAP)
A full range of support is available to the five chosen candidates, including:
- Catalytic Funding: Each chosen Fellow or their group will receive a grant of $20,000 to aid in the pursuit of their advocacy objective.
- High-level mentoring: Fellows will receive access to seasoned mentors for specialized mentoring to expand their visibility and influence.
- Advocacy Mentoring:Niyel, a Dakar-based advocacy organization, will conduct regular advocacy support sessions for fellows.
- Monthly Virtual Sessions: Fellows will meet monthly with their coaches and Aspen staff to develop advocacy strategies, set goals, and overcome obstacles.
- Engagement with funders: Fellows will have connections with coordinating funders, such as pertinent BMGF programs and program officers. Travel expenses to at least one international or regional conference and the BMGF in Seattle are available through funds.
Candidates whose advocacy objectives fit the following categories are eligible to apply:
- Reproductive and sexual health and rights and family planning
- Maternal, infant, and child health, and Midwifery
- Vaccine delivery, particularly for children immunization and expanding HPV
- Vaccine development, pandemic readiness, investment in neglected diseases, system strengthening, research and development for better disease surveillance, and vaccine manufacturing are all examples of global health advocacy.
- Women’s economic empowerment, digital finance, financial sector inclusion, and macroeconomic policy
- Food security, climate change adaptation, and agricultural development
How to Apply for the New Voice Fellowship Advanced Advocacy Program (AAP)?
- The application procedure is online, and applicants should upload a statement of support, signed by their direct supervisor, for this application.
- If you are the head of your organization, please submit a letter from the board or a senior executive.
Please click the official website of Aspen Global Innovators Group for further information.
Check More Fellowships: