Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 2 To 6 Years
Language of Instruction English
Opportunity ID 88615
National Tsing Hua University (NTHU) offers scholarships to international students at bachelor, master, and doctoral levels for the academic year of 2021. The Office of Global Affairs (OGA) is the managing body of the scholarships to which applicants can refer their applications. Therefore, qualifying students interested in studying in Taiwan can apply.
Spring 2021period: Closed
Fall 2021 period: Undergraduate admission Graduate admission
Nov 15, 2020-Feb 15, 2021 Jan1, 20210-March 15, 2021 (3:00pm Taiwan time both)
University: National Tsing Hua University (NTHU)
Degree levels: bachelor, master, and doctoral
Start date: August 1, 2021
Master and Ph.D.: 2-3 years
Bachelor’s: 4-6 years
The scholarship offers the following partial grants:
- Doctoral Students: NTD 20,000 to NTD 40,000 per month (as of spring class 2021, except
for social colleges)
- Master’s degree: NTD 5,000 per month Or NTD 60,000 yuan per year
- College students: NTD 5,000 per month or NTD 60,000 yuan per
The scholarships must be re-applied for every year.
- All citizens of foreign nationality, who never had R.O.C. citizenship and did not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of their application, are eligible to apply for admission to NTHU.
International students who have not previously studied in Taiwan are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who, at the time of application, have resided in a foreign country for no less than 6 years are also qualified to apply for admission as an international student.
- Applicants with a High School diploma can apply for an undergraduate degree.
- Application eligibility relies on the Ministry of Education (MOE) Regulations -Concerning International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan. If the MOE Regulations are revised, the most recent MOE Regulations shall apply. For up-to-date information regarding the MOE Regulations, please visit the MOE website.
- International students who withdraw from the university due to misconduct, poor academic performance, or a conviction under the Criminal Code are not eligible for re-application.
- Violation of any of the Ministry of Education’s regulations will lead to instant cancellation of the applicant’s admission status or the dismissal of the applicant’s status as an NTHU registered student.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online for NTHU scholarships. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered by OGA. All applicants have to pay an application fee of US$80 (if applying for more than 3 programs, the application fee is 65 USD for each)
In case you plan to apply to over one program, you should submit a complete application package for EACH program.
Please remember that you should also have your highest-level diploma and academic transcripts NOTARIZED by R.O.C. Embassy or Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in the country/place where you received your degree and submit such documents upon registration at NTHU.
Application required documents
- An online application form
- A copy of the Chinese or English language diploma
- Official transcripts in English or Chinese (applicants not graduated yet can attach a letter indicating their expected graduation date)
- Statement of purpose
- Two recommendation letters
- Financial certificate
- Declaration form
- Proof of nationality (passport)
- Pretest (if any)
For additional information about the UTHU scholarships and enforceable terms and conditions, you should visit the National Tsing Hua University’s website.