Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSTOEIC
No. of Opportunity 4
Fields of study Robotics And Control System
Opportunity Type : Partially Funded
Duration 3 5 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishJapanese
Opportunity ID 96539
Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech) is accepting applications from international students as MEXT scholarship applicants for its Innovative AI/Robotics Technology International Education Program (iART Program) at the School of Computer Science and Systems Engineering.
Therefore, international students who wish to study in one of the Japanese most established institutions can apply for this golden opportunity for the academic year of 2021.
Application deadline: 18 January 2021
Host institution: School of Computer Science and Systems Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology (Kyutech)
Study levels: Master and PhD
Number of scholarships: 4 (3 masters; 1 Ph.D.)
Duration: Doctoral program: 5 years; Master 3-4
Fields of Study: (Robotics, Control System)
Result announcement: June 2021
This scholarship includes benefits such as:
- Full entrance, matriculation, and tuition fees
- Monthly stipend (144,000 JPY for master and 145,000 JPY for Doctoral applicants)
To qualify for this scholarship, international students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be graduate-level International applicants (have a bachelor for master and a master for doctoral degree) who are newly going to Japan.
- They must have demonstrated outstanding academic degree and will have to maintain an academic performance level of 2.30 (GPA of 70% or higher) during the scholarship term.
- Must be nationals of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government.
- Those who have Japanese nationality at the time of application are ineligible.
- Must have been born after April 2, 1986 (there are some exceptions to limited cases which you can find on the main page).
- Those who can meet the academic requirements by the enrolment time (not necessarily application time) are also eligible.
- Applicants must apply for the field of study they studied at the previous level or a relevant field on offer at Kyutech.
- Must have either Japanese or English language proficiency (must be higher than or equal European Common Language Reference Frame (CEFR) B2 for English or Japan Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N2 for Japanese).
- Applicants must be in good health and be able to arrive in Japan within two weeks before the starting date of the program.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply by sending their application package to the accepting university via email.
Send Email to:
Professor HAYASHI Eiji
Director of the Center for Socio Robotic Synthesis, Department of Intelligent and Control Systems (Robotic Course), School of Computer Science and System Engineering, Kyushu Institute of Technology
Email: [email protected]
Required application materials
- Application Form (MEXT Form 1)
- Field of Study and Research Plan (MEXT Form2). Please write on A4 size
- Officially certified Transcript (Original)
- Proof of graduation (Certificate of (Expected) Graduation or diploma (degree)
- Recommendation letters from the university attended
- An official document stating your high achievement in the most recent university (in terms of GPA, class rank, etc.)
- Abstract of thesis
- Proof of language proficiency either English or Japanese
English (TOEFL, CEFR, TOEIC, or IELTS and Japanese’s (JLPT N2)
- Copy of passport/ ID in English
- Photos (3-4 in number) 4.5cmx3.5cm (size)
- Self –introductory short video (around 5 minutes)
-Contents consist of CV, skill, experience, research plan
– Presentation in English
- Presentation file in PowerPoint
-Master course 15 minutes, Doctoral course 20 minutes
CV + Skill, Experience, Research Plan
-requested after passing 1st screening
- Health Check needed after passing the final examination
Note: All the documents must be prepared in English or Japanese.
Click here to see the important dates of selection in the program.
Visit the official website of the Kyushu Institute of Technology for further details of the scholarship.