Language Requirement Not Required
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Duration 3 4 Years
Language of Instruction EnglishChinese
Admissions to master’s and doctoral scholarships for international students at the Hohai University (HHU) are now open. The scholarships are government–funded and offered to international students for A.Y. 2021-22 to undertake their master and doctoral-level education at one of the Chinese oldest and key state universities with a high global reputation. If you are interested to receive a fully-funded scholarship in China, apply for this opportunity.
Application period: Jan.20-May.30, 2021
Levels: Master and PhD
Duration: Doctoral 4 years, and master 3 years
Languages of Instruction: Chinese and English
Fields of study:
Note: International students will be selected according to the language requirements of the programs of HHU.
Applicants for the HHU Graduate Programs can apply for government scholarships that fund their study and cover their costs.
To secure the scholarships (Chinese University Program (Type B), applicants should apply to both university and the China Scholarship Council (CSC) online application. In addition, Hohai University also has three classes of scholarships available to students too.
Applicants should meet the following criteria to be eligible:
- Be non-Chinese citizens from any country in the world in good mental and physical health;
- Hold a valid passport;
- Obey Chinese laws and have respect for its customs and cultures;
- For master degree, applicants should hold a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- For the doctoral degree, should hold a master degree and be under the age of 40;
- Should meet the graduate-level program language requirements.
How to apply?
Applicants should apply online through HHU’s website.
Besides, the applicant shall complete the China Scholarship Council online application (Agency Number: 10294). If applicant’s applications are accepted by CSC, then their study is fully funded.
The application fee is 400 RMB/$60 not refundable.
- Soft Scan copy of the passport (with validity after Aug.30, 2022);
- Scan copies of the original diploma and degree (Chinese or English version); applicants who are expected to graduate should provide the evidence of graduation from current school;
- Scan copy of the original transcript with all the courses (in Chinese or English);
- Scan copies of the China-related visa and residence permit, including all the study experiences. Upload your passport instead if there is none;
- Curriculum vitae or study plan, including study& work experience, academic achievement, future development, etc. in 400-800 words;
- HSK 6 certificate for Chinese-medium programs, corresponding English proficiency certificate for English-instructed programs;
- Two recommendation letters from associate or high-level professors in the relevant field;
- Foreigner physical examination form. The applicant shall complete all the items as outlined. The result is valid for 6 months.
- Proof of financial ability (either the family deposit certificate, property certificate or parent/guardian income certificate, more than $5000 suggested);
- The abstract and content of the applicant’s thesis published if there’s any;
- Proof of no criminal record.
For more details, you can visit eh university’s website.