Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Language Requirement Not Required
Duration 12 Months
Language of Instruction English
About Youth SDSN
The global youth division of the UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network (SDSN) –SDSN Youth has initiated the SDG Student Program to bring together and engage youth in education from around the world in efforts to achieve the 2030 Agenda & sustainable development goals (SDGs).
The program’s objective is to equip the youth with knowledge, skills and pathways to take meaningful action on SDGs. In line with this goal, it is looking for candidates to join its global team. So, if you are passionate for working with a diverse network of young people and passionate about SDGs, apply for this opportunity.
Details of the job
Position Title: Lead Research Project Officer
Organizing body: UN SDSN Youth, Growth and Fundraising Department
Type of work: Voluntary
Time commitment: 5-8 hours/week totally
Duration: 12 months in total, with two months probation period at the start. It is extendable on a 12-month basis subject to performance review.
The lead research project officer will support the development and implementation of a fundraising research strategy and work with different internal stakeholders to collect data for fundraising research efforts.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work closely with team leads, to explore how SDSN’s programs and networks can align to their needs, for example in the form of 1-1 fundraising, grant applications, or partnerships;
- Collaborate closely with the Project Leader – Fundraising and Growth, to help in the development of the comprehensive research database and key research streams
- Support grant writing and funding applications by doing comprehensive research on key stakeholders
- Strategize new and unexplored research areas to determine new funding opportunities
- Support with the drafting of funding proposals to send to fundraising prospects
- Review and give feedback on marketing, sponsorship, and promotional activities
The position holder will report to Growth and Fundraising Lead Project Officer bearing in mind that reporting and communicating with the project leader effectively and actively is essential in a virtual network.
All Project Officers have to complete all SDSN Youth online induction courses, including team training.
The Growth & Fundraising Lead Research Project Officer will be someone who:
- Has excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Be able to research and communicate effectively.
- Is a strong team player with outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to coordinate and manage workload across several projects/teams.
- Is responsive and has the ability to manage regular communication with the team – including after-hours conference calls, as the network works across 10 different time zones.
- Possess experience in fundraising, research or other sponsorship efforts.
- Demonstrate an adequate understanding of SDSN Youth’s mission.
- Possess a reasonable knowledge of the SDGs.
- Have an eye for detail.
- Enjoy good organizational skills vs excellent verbal and communication skills
The candidate has:
- Excellent proficiency in the English language, including writing, speaking and listening.
- Shows that they have the time and resources to take on the role.
How to apply?
Interested candidates can apply online using the link below.
For further details about the post and activities of SDSN Youth, please visit the website of UN SDSN.