Language Requirement TOEFLIELTSTOEIC
Fields of study Different
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction EnglishJapanese
Opportunity ID 96764
Toyohashi University of Technology (TUT) will be accepting applications for the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2021 (University Recommendation) for research, master, and doctoral programs from various countries including Afghanistan.
The chosen candidates will be recommended to the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) as “research students i.e., non-degree-seeking students who undertake research at TUT’s graduate school. Degree-seeking regular students may apply for master’s or doctoral programs and are selected by MEXT as scholarship grantees, and also pass the entrance examination for TUT. Therefore, those who wish to enroll as a regular student in a master’s or doctoral program from the beginning should inform academic advisors beforehand.
Application deadline: 25 January 2021
Host institution: Toyohashi University of Technology (TUT)
Study levels: Research, Master and PhD
Research program: 18 months
Master and Doctoral: A period necessary for degree completion (varying)
Fields of Study: (Robotics, Control System)
Result announcement: TUT-recommended students by the end of March 2021 (via email); and scholarship recipients by the end of June 2021 via email).
This scholarship covers:
- Full entrance, matriculation, and tuition fees
- Monthly stipend (143,000 for research degree students, 144,000 JPY for master and 145,000 JPY for Doctoral applicants)
- Round-trip travel costs
To qualify for this scholarship, international students must satisfy the following criteria:
- Must be graduate-level international applicants (have a bachelor for master and a master for doctoral degree) who are newly going to Japan.
- Must demonstrate outstanding academic record and will have to maintain an academic performance level of GPA 2.30 out of 3.0 or higher) during the scholarship term.
- Must be nationals of a country that has diplomatic relations with the Japanese government.
- Applicants must be national of countries designated as priority countries by the Japanese Government are eligible. See the list here.
- Those who have Japanese nationality at the time of application are ineligible.
- Applicants who have dual nationality but at the time of application their residence country is not japan are also eligible.
- Must have been born after April 2, 1986 (there are some exceptions to limited cases which you can find on the main scholarship page).
- Those who can meet the academic requirements by the enrolment time (not necessarily application time) are also eligible.
- Applicants must apply for the field of study they studied at the previous level or a relevant field on offer at TUT in which they are able to study and carry out research.
- Must have either Japanese or English language proficiency (must be higher than or equal European Common Language Reference Frame (CEFR) B2 for English or Japan Language Proficiency Test (JLPT) N2 for Japanese).
- Applicants must be in good health and be able to arrive in Japan on the date assigned by the university (usually October 1st 2021)
How to apply?
Applicants must first make sure whether they meet conditions and qualifications. After they can assure that they fulfill the criteria in full, they can look for a prospective supervisor at the university. Then, if a supervisor agrees with the applicants’ application, then they can send their necessary documents to their respective supervisors via their email addresses.
See the list of the university’s supervisors and their details here.
Required application materials
- 2021 Application Form for Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship
- Field of Study and Research Plan
- Officially certified Transcripts from both undergraduate and graduate (Original or copies)
- Proof of graduation (Certificate o Expected Graduation or diploma (certified copy or original)
- Recommendation letters from the university attended
- Official document stating your high achievement or performance in the most recent university (in terms of GPA, class rank of 10% or 30%, etc.)
- Abstract of the thesis (if completed) or an explanation of the thesis ongoing
- Proof of language proficiency either English or Japanese
English (TOEFL, CEFR, TOEIC, or IELTS and Japanese’s (JLPT N2 taken within the last two years)
- Copy of passport/ ID in English
- Photos 4.5cmx3.5cm (size) taken in the last 6 months
- Checklist of documents for Japanese Government Scholarship
- CV (include your academic and employment history)
- Declaration sheet for the scholarship
Note: All the above-mentioned documents should be in the (Template Format).
All the documents must be prepared in English or Japanese. If in other languages an English or Japanese translation must accompany them.
For questions, PLEASE CONTACT:
International Affairs Division
Toyohashi University of Technology 1-1 Hibarigaoka, Tempaku, Toyohashi, Aichi, 441-8580 JAPAN
E-mail: [email protected]
Visit the official website of the Toyohashi University of Technology (TUT) for further details of the scholarship.
You may also like:
- MEXT Graduate Scholarship for iART Program at ‘Kyushu Institute of Technology’, Japan
- 50 University of New Castle ‘Global Leaders Scholarships’ (Undergraduate and Postgraduate)
- NCTU BS, MS & PhD Scholarships 2021 for International Students in Taiwan
- Chiang Mai University Master’s and Doctoral Scholarship 2021 in Thailand
- Chinese Government 2021 Postgraduate Scholarships at the University of Zhejiang