Opportunity ID 40148
Language Requirement TOEFLIELTS
Fields of study Human Resource Development
Opportunity Type : Fully Funded
Language of Instruction English
Applications are now open for the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Program (Scholarships) 2023/2024. The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme is a fully-funded program. It aims to enable promising young Customs managers from a developing country member of the World Customs Organization (WCO), including Afghanistan, to pursue Master’s level studies in the field of customs administration at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
Application Deadline: 27 August 2023 (23:59 JST)
Documents Submission Deadline: 1 September 2023 (JST)
Host University: Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU)
Host Country: Japan
Study Level: MA (Master of Arts)
The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Program provides the following benefits:
- A monthly stipend covering accommodations, meals, transportations, and other costs with the current amount of monthly stipend is 147,000 yen as of 2023.
- Admission and tuition fees. The present amount of admission fee is 290,000 yen, and the annual tuition fee is 917,000 yen as per the 2023 rate.
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between applicants’ home country and Japan.
- Applicants will be awarded a Master of Arts degree in Business Administration, specializing in Strategic Management and Intellectual Property Rights (SMIPRP) upon their graduation.
Check More Scholarships:
Applicants need to fulfill the following criteria:
- An applicant must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of a minimum two years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Candidates who have experience in Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) border enforcement, and who could work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme will be preferred.
- Candidates must have good health and be preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2024.
- Individuals having already been awarded a scholarship under the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme shall not be qualified to apply for this Scholarship Programme.
- And, after the completion of the Programme, the graduates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for at least three years.
Furthermore, applicants should provide:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher diploma
- English Proficiency (appropriate level of proficiency in English to be able to write a thesis is mandatory).
Note: For those who have not gained undergraduate/graduate education in English, please submit an official score report or certificate of proficiency with the following minimum scores or above.
* TOEFL iBT 79, TOEFL PBT 550, IELTS Academic Module 6.0 (in each band).
* The score should have been obtained within the past two years of the application.
And, For those who have studied in English, please obtain an official letter of proof from the related university indicating that you studied in English.
Applicants selection for this program will be based on the following criteria:
- Academic record and intellectual strength;
- Personal characteristics;
- Motivation to study on the SMIPRP;
- Evidence of leadership;
- Potential for individual career development; and
- Work experience;
How to Apply?
to apply for the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Program (Scholarships), applicants should first apply for the admission. Applications procedure is entirly online, and applicants should read the application instructions carefully before applying.
Required Documents for Admission
Applicants who wish to apply for admission at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) Graduate School of Business (SMIPRP) should provide the following documents:
- Application form with photo
- Two letters of recommendation
- Certificate of Employment Status and Acceptance for Leave of Absence
- Research Plan at the SMIPRP
- WCO Nomination Form (for a CUSTOMS OFFICER of a developing member of the WCO.)
The form must include a signature and seal by the Head of the nominating administration e.g., Director General, Commissioner, or equivalent official.
- Official degree certificates or official copies of diplomas and transcripts from ALL colleges/universities previously completed.
- A photocopy of your passport
- And a photocopy of either a paper, report, thesis or book written in English (if any).
For more information, refer to the website of the WCO-Japan Human Resource Development program.