Opportunity ID 9519
Degree Non Degree Program/Certificate
Duration 1 years
Language of Instruction English
The H&M Foundation Global Change Award application period for 2023 is now open. The Global Change Award is an innovation competition that seeks to identify, support, and grow innovative concepts that help safeguard the environment and make the fashion and textile sector more environmentally friendly. They are searching for creative individuals who can reinvent fashion and change how it is seen, worn, and produced.
- Organized by: H&M Foundation
- In collaboration with: Accenture, KTH Royal Institute of Technology and The Mills Fabrica
- Deadlines: December 8, 2022
- Result Announcement: June 2023
- Innovation Accelerator: June 2023 – June 2024
- No. of winners: 5 winners
The GCA is stepping it up for 2023. In order to expand their coverage, increase the bar for innovation, and support the transition of the industry to a planet-positive one, we are expanding our reach. One of three categories should encompass the winning concepts:
- Regenerate: Solutions towards planet positive effects
- Repurpose: Solutions towards circularity
- Reimagine: Solutions we have not even thought about yet
The GCA Impact Accelerator program, which lasts a year and includes important mentoring and assistance from the H&M Foundation and their partners Accenture, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and The Mills Fabrica, is entered into by the five winning businesses, who receive a grant of one million euros.
- Business and technological readiness: Accenture. Accenture provides access to a vast network of experts and assistance with business and technological preparedness to GCA winners. The multinational professional services company has vast expertise in quickly bringing ideas to market and also aids our winners in communicating their multifaceted value, which is especially helpful for early-stage start-ups.
- KTH – Innovation Readiness: One of Europe’s top technical and engineering universities, KTH Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), provides GCA winners with a science and technology legacy, a framework for innovation development, and advice in important commercialization areas.
- Industry Access & Investor Readiness at The Mills Fabrica: Through its incubator program, impact fund, and innovation spaces, The Mills Fabrica helps to close the gap between innovators and key industry players. They offer the winners chances for collaboration, industry exposure, ecosystem network, investment preparedness, and peer portfolio synergies.
After the year is up, you will join the GCA Alumni and become an essential part in a network of brilliant minds that collaborate to develop disruptive solutions to some of the world’s most complex challenges.
Neither H&M Foundation nor H&M Group take any equity or intellectual property rights in the innovations as the aim is to benefit the entire industry.
- Open to anybody over the age of 18 and teams of up to four people anywhere in the world.
- Institutions, groups, and social enterprises are all welcome, as are collaborations of any kind, including joint ventures and consortiums.
- Your submission and all communications, including those from the GCA Impact Accelerator, must be in English.
- Per person, just one admission is permitted.
How to apply?
Applicants can apply online, create account and describe their innovative ideas.
The GCA’s core partners, Accenture, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, and The Mills Fabrica, as well as a large group of industry experts, first evaluate each application. The concepts are carefully scored as part of the screening process, and they are evaluated according to the following standards:
- The idea’s potential to benefit the world
- Scalability of the Idea
- Experience and capability of the team
- The novelty of the concept
More opportunities you may like:
- Free Online Course on Contract Law by Harvard University
- International Radio Play writing Competition 2023 in UK
- Data Mining Specialization Free Online Course
- WCED University of Michigan Postdoctoral Fellowship in USA
- Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) Visiting Research Fellowship
- Shining a Light International Photography Contest in USA
- Agribusiness, Value Chains, and Consumers in GFS free online course